Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is form overated???

ChewYxRage said:
yeah i saw some hack squat illustrations today and i thought about your "beast lift"

I have a better picture of it now that you cleared up the details (you use more back)

I have some pictures of the lift, but only at lockout and the starting position. So not very helpful. I wanted to get some video up before injuring myself! Heres a few pics with 590:

78b3faaf9390c22269b372d8fef4a0dd.jpg

007728320f3a3dbcf49bb1dd131a1197.jpg

Ok guys something from personal experience:
A guy was doing lateral barbell rows, at the gym where I work,a nd ended up pinching one of the nerves in the spine causing temporary parlization! He was using heavy weights and used the momentum, by lunging his entire body forward, creating the dreaded arched back! I am a firm believer in having proper form no matter how experienced you are.

Cheat all you want, but its going to catch up to you some day, and you will be sorry.

if you want to look "cool" and do more weight at the gym, then no. but if you actually want to work the muscles properly and look better physically then yes it's important

Form and ROM of motion is absolutely essential!!!!!

I treat & train people from 15 - 85 years old and most of the guys who come in are early 30's & up with every conceivable injury and except for the direct contact sports related one's - they are all due to bad form.

Bad form usually dosen't cause immediate injury (unless it is really bad) , it produces slow long term injuries.

The best way to think about it is that it is like driving a car with the alignment that is off, you just keep wearing surfaces out untill they give out.

A lot of guys just train to be big and do anything to get the weight up. Give them 10-30 years and they will be regretting it.

Athletes with bad form and decreased ROM are going to decrease performance over time and risk seriuos career ending injuries.

Every day I have to stop some knucklehead doing heavy shoulder flexion / back extension (you may call them cheat curls) in the squat rack and go through a detailed explanation of what they will eventually wind up like. - I fucking hate idioits who tie up the squat racks & power rack for curls!!!!!!!!!! (especailly when I have people who need to squat & deadlift - which is every client, regardless of age!)

Sorry, got off on tangent.

So, yes form is crucial - take it from a former meathead lifter / hockey player / soccer player / baseball player.

If I would have had better form and not some instruction from an idiot coach and stretched more I would not be spending thousands on ART, Rolfing, PT & massage to get my range of motion back

S

As long as you're not injured you can't realize how much good form is important

Once injured it is too late.........

Yeah, unfortunately I only realized that a few years ago!

remember you can not train with or through an injury! (only rehab it which is not really training)

S

the heaviest weights recorded were not lifted with bad form. but alot of misses are created by bad form.

try twisting your body on a 500+ lb bench press and watch what happens. see what happens if you get out of your groove on a 600lb squat. things happen faster than you can imagine/correct for.

bottom line: stick with good form and progress strengthwise accordingly.

if you want to "burn in" those extra reps to take the muscle further, do a drop set or partial.

Top Bottom