Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Forearms?

akaba

hey!! ahh who knows some good forearm exorsizes??? and also how many times a week should u work them???

behind the back barbell wrist curls.. wow thats alot to say

i do them after back and biceps, usually twice a week

about 4x15 get a real good pump. fail at about 12 or 13 then cheat out a few more.

also reverse barbell curls, on a straight bar or curl bar.

4x8-10 reps or hammer curls.

I do reverse barbell curls or hammer curls 1x/week (2x8-10). I do wrist curls or some other grip work 2x week (forearms often get worked too in grip work), one day heavy (3-5 reps) , one day light (12 reps) or static (plate pinches, farmer's holds - not walks).

In terms of frequency: I don't know what your goals are. I'm not necessarily trying to make my forearms bigger (but they have been getting bigger). I need them stronger to help me with my chin-ups. So I do them last (or almost last) on the same day that I do chin-ups. Seems to be working.

I just do mine once a week, plus the incidental work they get on most days.

Make sure to hit your flexors and extensors by doing a curl and a reverse-curl type movement; you may want to alternate between doing them with your arms hanging and supported on your thigh, bench, etc. The isolation moves hit them harder for me.

i cant see why anybody would want to workout their forearms??
you work the muscle with virtually every exercise.

TheOak84 said:
behind the back barbell wrist curls.. wow thats alot to say

i do them after back and biceps, usually twice a week

about 4x15 get a real good pump. fail at about 12 or 13 then cheat out a few more.

also reverse barbell curls, on a straight bar or curl bar.

4x8-10 reps or hammer curls.

TheOAK84,

I plan to start using behind the back again. They are much safer than wrist curls over the bench. I seem to get a lot of wrest pain from wrist curls over the bench. Thanks for the ideas!!

Frequent, focused, and intense sessions of choking the chicken.

Top Bottom