Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

$%#^# Forearms!!!!

Synpax

Can't get the damn things to grow.

I've been doing intense 6x20 cycles of wrist curls and reverse wrist curls. I also recently added abduction (up and down - kind of a jerkoff movement).

A few days ago I changed to 5x10 with heavier weights.

There HAS been pretty good growth, but it's all in the top half of my forarm and not the bottom half where my wrists are. My wrists look sadely skinny as do my forarms right near them.

Any tips?

I find that less is better with forearms...also look at your upper arm measurement and compare....

To be honest I have never really had a problem with forearms but if I stop exercising them they shrink so at least I know what I do is working....

Ok here are the exercises I have used with good results

Reverse Curls(Prefer BB and PERFECT form elbows tightly placed against your sides let your forearms do all the work) An added benefit of these is they will also worked the neglected extensors

Hammer Curls(Regular and Cross Body,for the Regulars do both arms at the same time this will eliminate cheating)

BTB Wrist Curls(just as the name indicates a wrist curl with the BB behind your back..let the barbell hang on your fingertips at the bottom)

Wrist Curls(yeh I know that is a revelation...hehe....but really I do these a little different as well...sit down and put your elbow against your inner thigh like you are doing a concentration curl...now support the working arm with your hand and do a wrist curl in the bottom position of a concentration curl..hope that makes sense...)

Static Holds(use DBs,BBs,Chinning Bar)

Typically I choose one curl movement per workout and something for the flexors...don't go overboard with sets maybe 3 sets of curls 2 sets for flexors and isolate the extensors if you feel the need...

reverse curls, wrist curls. stick to the big muscles. if anything switch to grip work for a while. static holds, farmer walks etc.

Grip training will help the forearms to grow. I've noticed my right forearm got a good deal thicker when I only trained it for grip. It was a good deal ahead of my left in terms of strength, so that seems to carryover well.

Synpax said:
You mean use those gripping vices?
static holds, plate pinching, thick bar work, farmers walk and deads have helped with my grip which in turn also increased my forearm size

Do you use straps when you work your back or bi's? If you do, eliminating, or at least cutting back, on their use would probably help your forearms grow.

Top Bottom