Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Forearm Pain from Bench?

melochai

Anyone ever have any forearm Pain from their bench press? mine have been killing me lately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EliteFitness

It must be something in your form. How are you holding the bar? Are your wrists straight or back? Are your forearms remaining vertical throughout the motion? It would be best to video your form from a number of angles in order to address this.

Forearms are vertical. The pain is there even with a smith machine so it seems the form wouldn't be the problem either.

The pain is closer to the elbow end of my forearm than the wrist and no problem with the wrist or wrist pain.

The gym owner/trainer doesn't see anything with the form either, but who knows. He says it may just be time to back the weight down. I don't want to take steps backwards though.

Is it your tendon? If its right next to the bone it's your tendon which makes more sense the the muscle.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

More or less, between the ulna and radius. Exact same spot both sides. Probably 4-5"from the elbow.

That's too low. It's not a tendon.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

its funny i used to have these types of problems.. now i have zero issues. i really think it has to do with many factors pertaining to getting too strong too fast, or gaining too much muscle too fast.. your tendons, ligaments, soft tissues need to catch up. also using gloves/straps makes the problem even worse cause certain parts of your arms fail to develop and then using cortico's or anti-inflammatories make the problem chronic long term.

get rich quick schemes are a bad idea.. as is get strong fast or get big fast. so i would ease up on the throttle and let your body catch up for a while. if you do not your problems will become chronic and then you are gonna find yourself turning into King Tut as you get older when you lift.... i see this with some of the older dudes who didn't know when to listen to their body. now they are the walking wounded, always bitching to me about how this or that hurts.

headholio hit the nail on the head earlier calling this forearm splints.. its just like how runners who are new who jump head first and go from a 30 minute 5K to a 20 minute 5K in a few months then start having problems.. that happened to me when i was an endurance athlete.. i was training with Ironmen and 16 minute 5K runners after not very long, i put way too much pressure on my body, instead of being patient and improving slowly.. the body is not made of steel and cannot handle such an improvement. nor can it handle going from benching 250 to 350 in a short time

Top Bottom