Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Forearm Pain from Bench?

Get your self some igf, hgh or sarms and drop your test down to 200 if you are on cycle. Its could be a connective tissue issue. Like Steve was saying gaining too much strength too quickly. Connective tissue is the slowest growing of them all.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

I've worked out with this weight before just at lower rep ranges. Its been awhile though. Just time to back down and slow up I guess. Its nice getting 3x12 @ 35lbs though. Just not nice enough to hurt anything. I have enough injuries from life in general to do me for a while, lol.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EliteFitness

Anyone ever have any forearm Pain from their bench press? mine have been killing me lately.

Yeah buddy have had the same pain before hand, I had a two week break from all upper body exercise with lots of rest, came back with light weights for three weeks then upped my weights, the pain was slowly coming back so I took them back down again n slowed form right down. Iv also upped glucosamine intake now and I find not getting full reps (partial) on flat bench has also kept the pain away but my PB's have increased and my chest pumps are insane. You'll find a lot of pros these days only doing partial reps to keep injuries down and keep stress on the muscle the whole way during your sets. But don't get carried away with it, most muscle growth is increased by full motion reps IMO.

Forearm training usually comes from three things...

1. Over training (usually with bad form)

2. Holding the bar (thumbs don't wrap around the bar... It rests on the heels of your palms only)

And in the last 10 years...

3. That incredibly stupid ass "half way down" bench form modern personal trainers teach as "correct form" (it is not correct... It is the number 2 reason to avoid most modern "certified" trainers)

Bottom line... No matter what someone believes about their form... If you are developing an injury 99.99% of the time your form is off.

I think doing bench is a bad idea especially with heavy weights. Once you get over roughly 35 years old, you should be doing dumb bells. You can go heavy the dumb bells if you wish, the thing with the dumb bells is they give you free range of motion. Our joints are very complicated and holding a bar that has no give doesn't allow for proper rotation of the joints. I never barbell bench, I did one day a week ago, the day after I did the (almost) 315lb military just because I was curious, but even then I was going to see how many I could do at 225lbs. BTW, I got to 14 and just ran out of gas (lol at getting old).
Lastly, when you use a barbell you have no ejection plan with no spotter; with dumb bells just let them go and hope you don't hit someones feet.

Ugh... I am exactly 35....lol
The gym i go to, like many, only has dumbbells up to 100 lbs.

So, what to do when the dumbbells run out? 20 rep sets just don't seem right, lol.

Flees fiery and really, really slow it down?

Well yes try to find a different gym, or maybe that is just an arkansas thing because I have been to 4 different gyms in my town and the lowest here is 125.
Yes, do 100lb sets of 20 and do short rest periods like 1:30 to 2min max.
After a few weeks you will notice a huge difference.
I just feel like being a smart ass this morning.
So here it comes:
No, you know what? Maybe you should just go back to what you know and continue with your injuries. That is surely the more intelligent route.

Id live to switch gym's but in this area its not an option. The closest option is about 25 miles away and they are about the same. I have a pair of ironmasters but they stop at 120, not really wanting to upgrade to the 200lb kit either, which is better but a real pain taking them to the gym with me....i have though. Still not as heavy as i want them to be. Ill just have to toy with it i guess.

Top Bottom