Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Forearm Pain

alex2678

This just started about a month ago. Not sure what caused it exactly. But for about 3 hours after a workout my right forearm is incredibly sore. More black and blue type sore feeling than anything. If I leave my arm out straight my hand is shaking and I have hard time squeezing my hand. After a few hours it goes away and feels fine. During my workout I usually don't feel anything but after my last set it's pretty painful. Is this a muscle strain, nerve damage or anything that I should be concerned with? I put an ice pack on it for a while but I know this isn't really solving the problem. Thanks in advance.

I never do direct forearm work which would probably be a good idea. Form is usally perfect but I do a lot of heavy singles and doubles a few times month for core lifts. I've been in the low rep range for years now and never had a problem. I'll try lowering the weights for the next few weeks for upper body work to see what happens.

Does this feel like a shin splint but in your forearm? Can you dig your fingers in and touch a muscle or group of them that feels painful? If so, I have it in both, and have had it for years. It comes and goes but I've been told it's not a big deal and is just like the shin splint......will come and go.

Never had a shin splint but that's exactly what is sounds like. If I just press my forearms with my fingers it feels like I'm touching a black and blue mark. Just a pain in the ass for 3 hours after a workout. But as long as it's nothing long term that I should be worried about I guess I'll live with it.

alex2678 said:
I never do direct forearm work which would probably be a good idea. Form is usally perfect but I do a lot of heavy singles and doubles a few times month for core lifts. I've been in the low rep range for years now and never had a problem. I'll try lowering the weights for the next few weeks for upper body work to see what happens.
Either try that, icing, or doing some wrist/grip/forearm work .. helped me tremendously, esp. the way it was just explained (i.e. splint...)... And find ways to stretch them ... You will thank me later :)

*Bunny* said:
Either try that, icing, or doing some wrist/grip/forearm work .. helped me tremendously, esp. the way it was just explained (i.e. splint...)... And find ways to stretch them ... You will thank me later :)

How about I thank you now. ;) :) Will do some direct forearm hand grip work starting this week and make sure to stretch between sets. Might try some of that tiger balm sports cream. Someone mentioned some relief by using that.

To me it sounds like you have a strain in one of your forearm muscles that is putting pressure on a nerve. Sounds like there may be a motor nerve involved since your hand shakes. this all makes sense since it gets worse as you workout, and goes away hours after you train when the swelling goes down. I once did something similar to my forearm. The nerve effected on me was sensory, so I didnt have the shaking but my whole hand would go numb and my forearm would have shooting pains run down it like you had been shocked by electricity. To this day that part of my forearm is not normal, its more sensitive than it should be and its been about 15 years. I got it to heal up by giving it rest, not much else you can do.

Top Bottom