Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Forarm 'narrowness'

Synpax

Hiya,

Having some problems with my forarm development. I have been working on them for maybe 6-9 months now (need to check journal). And while they have gained a lot of mass, they haven't gained it where I wanted it to be.

If I hold my forarm parallel to the floor and look from that side in the mirror, it looks really good, especially after getting a pump. Very vascular, very large.

But if you put my forarm flat on a desk and look at it from the top down, it looks as wimpy as ever, although it's much wider nearer my elbow.

I can clearly see the bone ending at my wrist, and my wrists are as skinny as ever.

My arm is getting bigger - I use to be able to wrap my thumb and middle finger around my forarm haflway up. Now I can not do that more than an inch and a half from my wrist.

But it's no WIDER and looks SKINNY from above.

My routine is as follows: DB wrist curls and reverse wrist curls. I bend over a bench and rest my forarms on the bench with my hands holding the DB hanging over the side. I then curl for 20 reps and reverse curl for 20 reps, and I do 6-8 sets of both. I do this 3 days in a row at the end of my workout and have a day off.

Try adding some wrist curls to the top portion of your heavy deadlifts or shrugs, this has helped mine immensely without using forearm exercises. Maybe learn how to play bass guitar with the heaviest gauge strings you can find. That'll help thicken em up.

Already doing the wrist curls. I won't drop the wrist curls cause they have given me benefit - I just don't have any MEAT on my actual wrists. My flexor/extensor muscles are getting huge.

No one really has meaty wrists. It's as close to skin and bones as you get. It's all connective tissue. Working the grip is as close as you gan get.

genetics, bodyfat possibly? there is really no muscle there at all. my bodyfat is around 9% now, and my wrists, though they are now thicker than ever with the deads and weighted chins and all, they are still girly thin, especially from the top. i really don't think there's anything you can do about it.

just keep working those flexors and extensors.

forearm.jpg

THAT is what i mean... look at my forearm. fairly large, but once you get to the wrist, you can really see the difference.

Man, this is just another issue that is, for the most part, left up to genetics. I have a similar problem but it's even more exaggerated for me because my upper arm is so much bigger in comparison. If God blessed me with one thing, it was bi's and (even more so) tri's, that respond with growth, to just about anything I do. However, my forearms have always been seriously lacking mass. It seems like the further out you go along my arms, the worse it gets...my wrists are extremely small and my fingers are hella skinny. I've tried everything, wrist curls, the old "rolling up a weight on a short straight bar" exercise, endless hours of wacking off, and aside from some nice cuts here and there and minimal growth...I haven't gotten anywhere. On the flip side, I have several friends who don't even lift, whose forearms are twice the size of mine. You can train your ass off, eat the right shit and get enough rest...but at the end of the day, genetics are the key.

But not to say that we can't have some fuckin awesome looking forearms one day, it's just that people like you and I are gonna have to wait a little bit longer to see the kind of results we're hoping for. Patience and persistence bro...patience and persistence.

I agree with zxe003, but, the wrist muscles (extensors and flexors) can be worked out and very slightly thickend with any movement involving 'clenching' the fingers, such as handgrippers, static bar holds, static hangs off a bar or door frame, plate holds etc.

I've done these exercises and I've put some size on my actual fingers and a little on my wrist. So my hands didn't look so 'pussy ass.'

But don't expect much.

Top Bottom