Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Football Tackling/Wrestling

Golddoor

I have a 13 year old whom has been wrestling for 7 years and is a 2 X state champ. He also plays football and his new coach teaches the players that when they tackle they grab above the waste. In fact he gets so upset when the players grab for the legs for a tackle that he makes them do extra running. In wrestling when you take down your opponent you always go for the legs. And the lower the better. Now my question is so when tackling in football do you wrap the upper body or the legs?

The proper form tackle is facemask in the chestplate, both arms shoot under the armpits and grab cloth on the runners back while shooting the (tacklers) hips into the runner. think of it like this......when a back is running around, it is hard to wrap up BOTH legs because obviously theyr moving. Dont worry too much about this....coming from a college linebacker the times your son will make a form tackle in a game is slim.....tell your son to focus on making contact with his chest/facemask, wraping both arms, grabing cloth and driving THROUGH the back and keeping his feet pumping.

no one said tackle in that chest. you tackle at someones mid point. to high and your fucked to low and your fucked. but to say go for the legs is wrong. played linebacker all the way to the nfl combines.

cipherking said:
no one said tackle in that chest. you tackle at someones mid point. to high and your fucked to low and your fucked. but to say go for the legs is wrong. played linebacker all the way to the nfl combines.

did you tryout for arena? thats next for me

cipherking said:
i consider hips and down legs go cfl or world league

The lost art of tackling...

Anyway , you see alot of helmet and shoulder pads to the knees now-adays because tackling is about getting low.

Getting your facemask on the chest of a man who's head is down is impossible (unless you stand him up after the hit)

juggy54 said:
The proper form tackle is facemask in the chestplate, both arms shoot under the armpits and grab cloth on the runners back while shooting the (tacklers) hips into the runner. think of it like this......when a back is running around, it is hard to wrap up BOTH legs because obviously theyr moving. Dont worry too much about this....coming from a college linebacker the times your son will make a form tackle in a game is slim.....tell your son to focus on making contact with his chest/facemask, wraping both arms, grabing cloth and driving THROUGH the back and keeping his feet pumping.

Top Bottom