Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Following "max bench"...whats your max military?

Thaibox

I figured since the max bench question was asked, I'm curious as to what you guys military. Physically, I think that militaries are just as much as a power movement as bench is. However, since bench has become sort of the staple of lifting, I always see people being judged by their bench but rarely do you hear someone say, "damn you're big, how much do you military?" I think I have a pretty strong military press, but I work out at kind of a weenie gym, so I don't have much to compare it to. Just want to know what you bros press (barbell and/or dumbell).

I'm 6'2" ~345 bf?
barbell- 225# 2 reps
dumbell- 90# 7 reps(leaned back a little too much on the last
one, so 6 good form)

I use 100lb dumbells for 8 on shoulder press.
That's the biggest dumbells my gym has. I've done 245 on a straight bar behind the head for 2.

Those are some cool #s, can I ask your height/weight?

Sorry 'bout your state Dr....I know how it can effect your training. Just look forward to the fun you'll have with your next cycle.

I do 5 sets of military in a shoulder workout. Set1 - 135 x 12. Set 2 - 185 x 10. Set 3 - 225 for 8. Set 4 - 245 for 6. Set 5 - 135 to failure.

I've never attempted a "max" on this. Don't know if I ever would.

...bd

I'm good for 8 reps on the 100lb dumbells, cant get anything heavier up to press

I have to use the smith machine for my military press on account of bad shoulder cso I need the stability of it. Yesterday On my last set I was able to do a set of 6 with 3 45's and 2 10's on each side plus whatever the bar weighs. I think thats like 310 plus bar. But remember smith machine is much easier than free weight.

crimson coal said:
I have to use the smith machine for my military press on account of bad shoulder cso I need the stability of it. Yesterday On my last set I was able to do a set of 6 with 3 45's and 2 10's on each side plus whatever the bar weighs. I think thats like 310 plus bar. But remember smith machine is much easier than free weight.

Bro that's still imrpessive... Here's some karma for ya..

YUM

Top Bottom