Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

focusing on arms and chest

Dick``

Hi guys I think my arms and chest look smaller compared to my other muscle groups, it upsets me they don't look proportional I would like to make them bigger , I work on each muscle group once a week and I wonder if that's not enough and that's the reason why i don't have that much muscle on those parts, should I increase my work out days on arms and chest? thank you.

it could be genetic

very hard to help you here without pictures.. sometimes we are too hard on ourselves..

also hard to know if you truly work things out equally. many guys in the gym do the same workouts over and over. this creates imbalances. a big one i see is guys who have big upper bodies and chicken legs. or guys who have strong chests and shoulders and have zero back

I find that most people with poor arm development are simply using way too much weight and are 'swinging' the exercises rather then contracting with the bicep muscle. Keep your elbows tucked into your body. Your elbows should remain locked throughout the entire movement. If you elbows are swinging, your front deltoids and chest are doing the movement and not your biceps/triceps.

Try training biceps and triceps twice per week. Add in 2-3 exercises for biceps after your back workout and 2-3 exercises for triceps after your chest workout. Then later in the week perform an arm workout where you superset biceps and triceps.

For chest - 99% of the people with a lagging chest are shoulder dominant pressers. Focus on keeping your shoulder blades rolled back and pressed against the bench. Focus on developing a strong mind muscle connection in your pecks. Make sure you are feeling the movement in your pecks and getting a really good pump.

I would bump it up to twice per week for lagging parts. For arms make sure you focus on triceps since they are the bigger muscle in the arm. Also incorporate heavy exercises like pullups, rows, and pressing which will work arms as well.

Top Bottom