Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Foam Roller Poll

Are foam rollers worth a damn?

• Never used one and never will

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Used one and love it

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Used one before but its not worth it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whats a foam roller?

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Been thinking about picking one up to prep myself for my leg workouts I recently read a book that recommended using it to get a good full range of motion on joints etc... basically use it for soft tissue warm up.

Yes. Foam rollers are an excellent recovery tool and work wonders on soft tissue.

Google "feel better for ten bucks" by Eric Cressey

Yes. Foam rollers are an excellent recovery tool and work wonders on soft tissue.

Google "feel better for ten bucks" by Eric Cressey

I actually have his book I just started reading called "Maximum Strength" and I just replied to one of your old threads lol :)

I have many variations of these. My main 3 are a 6"x3' one that is actually 4" PVC pipe covered by 2" of foam. The other is 12"x18" that I use on my calves and lats. The third is a wooden rolling pin for when I really have to get at something.

B-

I like them. They are certainly cheap enough and easy to use. Like someone else mentioned,,google it.

I have many variations of these. My main 3 are a 6"x3' one that is actually 4" PVC pipe covered by 2" of foam. The other is 12"x18" that I use on my calves and lats. The third is a wooden rolling pin for when I really have to get at something.

B-

I made one from PVC only...loved it. I also keep a tennis ball in a long tube sock, throw it over my back, lean against a wall...great stuff.

I'd love to see that big roller you use for your calves and lats.

I'll get a rolling pin this weekend. That would be great for working out some soreness in the quads.

Well are they worth a damn?

Yes - foam rollers (and deep-tissue massage in-general) are a vital fitness tools - deep-tissue massage is actually the only way to remove knots and create longer, smoother muscles, and it is best performed on warm muscles, prior to static stretching.

Foam roller deep-tissue massage can help maintain or regain mobility, and great functional movement patterns will help you stay injury-free in the long-run.

Please ask me any foam roller deep-tissue massage questions that come to mind - thanks!

Tom

Top Bottom