Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Floor Press vs. Bench Press

Added in floor presses to my max effort bench rotation for the first time. I used a thumb away from smooth grip with a pause at the bottom. I managed to hit a 405 with a close miss at 420. What type of carryover do you usually get to the regular bench press?? Is there an average percentage??

I think it depends on the person. I can hit slightly more, like 5-15 lbs on my floor press than my raw bench. I think this shows I have weak leg drive on my bench. If you have good leg drive, you should prolly bench more than your floor press. There are other factors though.

Good press btw!

floor press

Thanks...

I have no idea right now what my raw bench is..Best short bench was 485.
I heard somewhere that there is an average percentage, I just don't know remember what it was.
I get a good leg drive in the regular bench. I now keep my feet out wide instead of close together under the bench.

Always be weary of percentages. Everybody is different, and the differences may be rather drastic.

If you are weak of the chest, your floorpress will be stronger...if however you are not, then your bench should be stronger because you have leg drive as IRBD said.

-Zulu

If your weakness is off the bottom to mid range floor will help benifit you more thne someone who just needs lockout strength. But you can never get too strong off the bottom.

I think the answer your looking for is on average i think you should be able to hit 70 to 80 % of your bench. I don tdo floors caus ethey bother my shoulder. BUt they do work.

Boards are my favorite cause i am mainly interested in my lockout. And in my opinion nothing is better.

floor press

Thank you for your help.

I was doing alot of lockout work and never did mid range or full range in a long while. I am adding in floor presses, close incline and close grip benches with bands.

I avg 20lbs less on my floor press than regular touch n go bench, BUT i have a stronger floor press than I do pause...at least last time I did them. Does anyone know why??? Could it be the leg drive IRBD was talking about I tend to keep my legs firm on the floor under the bench like close to the bench I can't go too wide I'm only 5 9.

If I read your post correctly, maybe it's simply that you have better leg drive when bouncing.

-Zulu

Top Bottom