Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To the floor with deadlifts or not?

Garza

When I last did my deadlift routine I noticed how much more challenging it is when you bring the bar all the way down to the floor before you pick it up again. Who does it this way? I don't let it rest completely on the floor but I make sure it comes in contact with the floor. Makes the set alot harder.

in competetion you start off from the floor. during training do a rep then let it down take a new quick breath and go at it again.

i do mine in the power rack to take a bit of strain of lower back about 10 inches off the floor...

I do mine to the floor and pause for a second, because at a meet you start on the floor. Try standing on 1 or 2 stacked plates and go to the floor, you will have to use less weight but it will make your explosion of the bottom stronger on standard deadlifts.

RacerX said:
I do mine to the floor and pause for a second, because at a meet you start on the floor. Try standing on 1 or 2 stacked plates and go to the floor, you will have to use less weight but it will make your explosion of the bottom stronger on standard deadlifts.

Good call Racer.....that's what I did when I was in powerlifting....it helps tremendously!!!

in the power rack if you put it half way i see 2 advantages and 1 disadvantage.

advantage:

1.) if you put the racks half way you can use more weight ...... and theoretically, more weight equals more muscle.

2.) it also takes pretty much all of the strain off of the hamstrings...... which is good that it helps to focus on your back but could lead to neglected hams.

disadvantage:

full range is a better for overall development.

hmmmm.......... decisions, decisions

down, pause 1-3 inches off the floor, and up. hitting the floor can sometimes throw off your form and setting it down lets you rest too much. I always do FULL deadlifts.

I only pull singles. Reps in the dl just don't work. I will pull anywhere from 5 to 8 singles with the same weight.

Lately for some reason my main problem in the deadlift is my grip. So when i go heavy i do th esame as dawg and pull only singles. In fact he was the one over a yr ago who got me to do that anyway. But when i am 550 or so my grip is messin with me. So reps are not good for me either.

Top Bottom