Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Flexibility

Jay, you and I should swap some stories some time. As you and maybe a few others on the board know, I was involved in full contact open karate through college, and I was also a bouncer at 3 different bars. I honest to goodness stretched every night before and sometimes during work. I have probably been in somewhere close to 50 real fights, and well up into the hundreds of matches and if you count sparring sessions into the thousands of fights. It is amazing how slow most people are.

When I first started bouncing I was using karate techniques on people, and was knocking the shit out of people, which the crowds always got a big kick out of, but the problem was that I was constantly breaking my hands and toes. I broke one toe on a guys nuts. That fight ended in a hurry. He was about 6 foot 5 and 240 lbs, did not know shit about fighting, but still thought he was going to take care of this 5 foot 7 185 lber in front of him. Wrong fucking answer slim! He crawled out of the bar puking his guts up, and I limped around for a couple of weeks with a broke toe.

After I broke my hand for the third time from hitting guys in the head, I took up grappling with a passion, and knocked out a shitload of people without having to tear up my hands and feet punching and kicking them. It is amazing how quickly a guy stops fighting when he has no air. And you can really direct a man's momentum effectively if you have a finger about two knuckles deep in his eye socket. I guess the moral of the story is that it is best to fight dirty, and not fight like you are in a movie.

The moral to the story is, though that being fast and flexible, while also being strong and knowing what the hell you are doing can give you the potential to take care of yourself in a fight. Oh and Jay, I have a .45 myself. It is like the american express card.

B

Ya know Brian if fighting is what your main sport is you become accustome to that life style. Physique and other wise. Your body is geared for fighting. Now even though i started my early life of dreams of being a fighter, it just wasnt in the cards. Beside really accidently finding myself in my first meet and totally faling in love ,and also becoming obsessed with getting as atrong as possible, it clashed with grappling. So like i said even though i will not ever fight ina sanctioned bout ever again, i will i am sure have to punch someone out again one day. I hope not. But in the back of my mind keeping loose and strecthing and shadow boxing and even banging the heavy bag is really just instinct at this point. I know how big ass weight lifters can easily be exposed for being big and slow.

One of the easiest ass kicking i gav eout was to a guy here in my town. He was a repeat Mr lakeland Bodybuilder. At the time i was grappling 3 times a week, and pumping iron 3days a week. He was getting ready for a show, and long story short, i pounched him but not hard enough to knock him out. It was just a tap to humiliate him, and bust his lip. Well his first instinct was to grab me in a headlock, and i seen him coming in for the lock , so i let him have it. Well grappling was my forte. Anyway he was suplexed (beautifly i might add) into the wall were i continued to pound this dude to hell and back. I ended up collapsing his wind pipe with a front guillitine choke. His size (though not that big) being so tight and stiff really hurt him badly.

He was too big and slow! It seems like most of my fight are with other weight lifters. last year i traded hits over supebowl tickets with a 240lb BB and it lasted maybe 15 seconds. he couldnt not throw quick enough, he was KO'd , and i got fired from work. He trains at my gym but havent seen him since court. Were cool now. I appologised with lots of sincerity. I was wrong.

Lets hear a good one Brian. A knock down drag out!

well............ im not brian and i have never been in competitions for fighting or have i ever bounced.......... my loved ones keep me in check though.

i use to be a little thing.

i graduated less than 3 years ago at 160lbs at my current height of 5'10............ and that was the most i had ever weighed at that point.

i have always had a mean streak in me........ genitics.......... my father was a cop for 25 years in a bad bad section of alabama.

i have heard stories from him and some of the people who he has beaten to a pulp........( a couple of them with a nightstick........ouch)

but my brother was always a big boy......... he was 6 ft tall in the 6th grade and over 200lbs........... he had better be lucky he was so much bigger than me too.............

a couple of times he had to sit on me for 45 minutes using all of his energy when i was in junior high............ he told me not to long ago that he saw the look in my eyes....... and was afraid......... he knew if i could have gotten up i would have done everything i could have to kill him.......... litterally......... and at the time......... i was so mentally eraged that i would have done it.

i did a couple of things to him over the years though that i am proud of.......... like stabbing him in the shin with a pear of needle nose plyers......... and i put a bb gun up to his arm and pulled the trigger point blank

but the only really ass kicking story i have is this.............. when i was in the 6 th grade i was 110 lbs and this kid who was 2 years older talked some smack and grabbed my throat with both hands................ and thats all it took to set me off........... i cominced to swinging and beating the hell out of this kid........ the coaches let us go at it for a while......... but then with the last blow i hit him so hard that i took his mouth into his teeth.......... he had to have 10 stiches total inside and outside of his mouth.

funny........... once you kick someones but like that......... first....... he is now your best friend.......... and no one wants to fight you?

hmm?

but now im 265lbs..............im glad i am a lot calmer.......... but at least once a day........... i have the urge to get into an all out brawl.......... well not everyday......... but i sure is fun.......... no better adrenaline rush

X

Good story. I am 10 yrs older then my bro so we didnt have that kind of relationship. Probably good i guess. He is bigger then me and if we were 2 yrs apart he would dwarf me. He is just tuned 17 and is 6'5 and 285lbs. I at 17 was 5'9 or so and 165 to 175.

Your right though sometimes a good brawl does wonders. My wife and close friends know i get a 1 year itch. This Aug will be 1 year that i fought someome so i am good now but come summer...! LOL Problem is these days they end with brutal endings. You cant find someone like you , who doesnt like you and agrees to a fight. It aint highschool anymore. I will use some calamine lotion for this up coming year itch i get!

Jay, I have seen and been in some good ones.

When I worked at Ken Lance Sports arena I was 19 years old, and the first really big fight I saw, I was right in the middle of. It was a cowboy bar, and the fight got started in the parking lot at about 2:00 am, and went off and on till 4:00. I think I locked horns with 5 or 6 different people that night, knocked one kid out by slamming him on the ground, lost my shirt, and a little hair. It was a scene. There were probably a hundred people in the fight, it really looked like something you would see in a Western movie where the whole saloon starts fighting. Pretty cool to see.

A little blood and guts. This one is breif but bloody. We are in the parking lot trying to break up a fight, when this dumbfuck grabs one of my bouncers, I pulled the guy off, shoved him away, and told him to take off. Well as I said he was a dumbfuck, and decided that he wanted to get involved again. I decided this guy needed to go to sleep, and I grabbed him from behind in a great choke. Now remember, I am short, so I had to pull him to me a bit, and he, not wanting to be choked out, shoves backward, trying to make both of us fall, and at the same time starts to bite me on the wrist. I quickly decided that I was not fond of getting bit, and that I damn sure was not going to wind up on bottom if we fell, so I whipped him around, put the back of his head in my chest, and dove forward, driving his face into this big ass rock we had sitting in the gravel parking lot. That dude lost every tooth between his canines on top. He came up spitting chicklets out, but decided that he had had enough and went home.

There were a couple of people that I knocked out that I thought I had killed. Pretty scary stuff, thought I was going to have to move to Mexico and change my name to Jose.

One more and I will let it go for now. My wife had come to the bar on new years eve about 5 years ago, so I was 21 or 22. I was breaking up a fight on the dance floor, and I was interrupted in my duties, so I did a turning jumping migari kick, which planted the dude on his ass, and left a really cool Doc Martin print across his chest on his yellow shirt. Well my wife wanted to see the action and was pushing through the crowd to watch me fight. Unbeknownst to me at the time, while she was trying to get to me, she got into it with this really tall fucker in an OU hat. He shoves her and calls her a bitch. She lips off to him, and he lips back, and things went from bad to worse. After my very brief fight on the dance floor, I instructed the other bouncers to drag my buddy in the yellow shirt outside, along with the guys whose fight I was breaking up. I politely asked them if they wanted to roll, at which time all 3 decided to go home.

When I get back in the bar, my wife is in tears and is freaking out talking about this prick who had shoved her. I turned my hat around backward and told her to point him out to me. Now at this point I decided to be diplomatic about it, and just let the guy go if he aplologized. After we found him, I asked him if he recognized her, he said yes, I asked him if he wanted to apologize for pushing her and calling her a bitch. He apologized, but that was not good enough for my wife, she starts in on him with "where is all that tough talk now, fucker, you were a bad-ass, pushing me around when my husband was not here" at which point he decided to say, "fuck you", well, he was standing to my left, and she was standing to my right, and between fuck and you, I hit him with a hook hand, trying to hit him in the throat. Because of the strobe lights, my aim was a little bit off, and it is good for all concerned that it was, because I would have torn his windpipe all to hell, but instead I hit him on the collarbone, and caused this guy to turn a complete flip over a bar table, and land on his feet, still holding his beer, which had poured all over him in the flip. He did not stay on this feet long, though, and I got him on his back, and proceeded to feed him knuckle sandwiches. A couple of new bouncers we had just hired for the night, and did not know me real well cam up and grabbed my arms and pulled me to the side, so I was forced to improvise and began raining axe kicks down on this guy 5 or 6 times until they were able to drag me away. I wish I had a video of this guy turning that flip and landing on his feet, I swear it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

I will throw in another one here and there, but as you can see they take up a lot of room, so I will be sparing with them. But remind me sometimes, I have a few good ones involving knives, guns, and shit.

B

Hell ya the good ol days! We need to every once in awhile go over some to get blood flowing. I myself will throw some in from time to time.

Anyone else?

Top Bottom