Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

flat Barbell or Dumbbell press?

Willyumyum

I'm looking to get some good chest development going, I was just wondering what the consensus around here is on whether to go with dumbbells or barbell.

YUM

I have been using strictly dumbells on the flat bench for a few weeks now. I really like it. I am getting a very good pump. Also, I do a lot of my lifting without a spotter and dumbells are easier to drop and not kill myself with if it comes to that.

ND

Run a search. Please..run a search.

B True

I found DB to be the best for me. I have a shoulder problem and it seemed to take some of the pain away from the workout

Either. They're both great, but on BB if you get real small plates you can increment in even smaller amounts. This could result in continuous progression. which is a good thing.

Willyumyum said:

Did that, all I came up with was routines and stuff... I'm not looking for that.

YUM

do a search and type in the word "bench overrated", that should see where we all stood on this about 2 weeks ago....

bignate73 said:

do a search and type in the word "bench overrated", that should see where we all stood on this about 2 weeks ago....

:lmao:

i do dumbell press, but it sucks when the next dumbell up is 10kg more and is also broken :( BB bench you rarely get that problem

i lurve parallel dips though....my fave compund movement for shoulders, pecs and tri's :) not my elbows though ;)

Top Bottom