Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fitness Log

Dude, that cardio run sounds damn exciting. I'd love to do something like that.

Exciting would be one word you might use for it. I could think of a few other not so nice words though.....:evil: Actually most of it was just a fast walking pace, but the last 1.5 miles on the way back I started running because I thought I wasn't going to make the time. I was so soaked after it I felt like I had just been in a swimming pool. I live in a forested area and the trail goes by a creek through a forest, so at least I had some nice scenery.:) The thing that makes it so hard is that once you get started your heart rate never drops below like 150 beats per minute, most of the time it was going much faster. Holding that rate for almost 2 hours gets tiring:cool:

Thursday 12/24/09

Squat (all sets by 5)

Deadlift (all sets unless noted by 5)
1x1x365 PR
1x1x375 PR

Military Press(all sets by 5)
0x1x155
1x1x150 PR
1x1x155 PR

Situps
1x15x50 PR
1x10x60 PR
1x10x70 PR

Good mornings
1x8x160 PR
2x5x185 PR

Curl Grip Lat pull
2x8x170 PR

Comments:

Fuck yeah on the deadlifts!!!! Could have pulled 385 easy, but I ran out of room on my gym's fucking bar using all the 5 pound weights:(:mad: I tried to set 5 pound dumbells on there but they fell off. I'm going to have to go Jack Bauer on that shit next time and duck tape extra weight on there:D I did the whole workout like one big superset, almost non-stop. One of the best workouts in a long time:biggrin: Good mornings and lat pulls were super hard, I had to hang a 10 pound dumbell on the stack as it only goes to 160 for lat pulls. The main thing that changed for my deadlifting is all the accesory work I've been doing, all taken from the Coan/Phillipi deadlift routine. SLDL's really helped too. God I"M SO FUCKING HAPPY ABOUT THE DEADLIFT!!!! I also used caffeine for my first time too, and I was super pumped up beforehand. It was all a mental stumbling block before as I could barely budge 365 up last time. Also I kept the bar much closer to me this time, which really helped. I set enough pr's to make up for extra mile, as his gym was closed.:D

So one question for everyone (or anyone who knows): I got 375 for my deadlift so should I update the template for 5x5, putting in my new pr, or should I leave it at 355 by one? I'm thinking I should update it, since it's my first week doing it and all, and otherwise I'll be doing under my limit. What do you think?

I ran out of room on my gym's fucking bar using all the 5 pound weights

I set enough pr's to make up for extra mile, as his gym was closed.:D

who not put 3 45's on each side, then a 35lb plate on each side to make 385?

hell yeah on the pr's aswell! Im thinking of goin to the gym tomorrow because its open on the 27-30th but only in the morning... i hate lifting in the morning :mad:

So one question for everyone (or anyone who knows): I got 375 for my deadlift so should I update the template for 5x5, putting in my new pr, or should I leave it at 355 by one? I'm thinking I should update it, since it's my first week doing it and all, and otherwise I'll be doing under my limit. What do you think?

i think so.. you said you could have pulled 385 easy, so 355 doesn't seem like your 1RM

if that's true, go for it but if 375 was actually pretty damn hard for you, i would leave it at 355 because you won't stall as quickly.

Thanks to everyone!!! The problem with my gym is that I only have 2 45 plates. Here is how the bar looked: 1 45 plate each side, 1 35 plate, 1 25 plate, 3 10's each side, and 6 5's. That maxed the bar out, and I could barely even fit the clips on there. All that was left in the gym was a few 5 pound and 2.5 pound plates anyway. My gym is really small so it kinda sucks.... I'm going to have to duct tape plates or dumbells on it next time or some crazy shit like that.

Top Bottom