Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fitness Log

Wednesday 12/16/09

.25 mile treadmill warmup

Warmup Bench
45x10
95x5
115x8
135x5
185x3
135x5

Bench
1x7x205 PR

Squat
45x5
135x5
205x3
2x5x255 PR

Front Squat
1x2x205 (tired)

Row
2x10x135 PR
1x10x115
1x4x115

Low Row
1x15x160

Mid Row
1x6x140

-last day taking creatine was 12/14/09
-tweaked upper back muscles rowing
-going to start stretching after every workout
-Looked over log, after 29 workouts I've benched 20 times, but only rowed 5 times! Going to place priority on rowing from now on
Nice Squatting.

You know, if you want your Front Squats to come up, do them prior to back squats. Usually when you're gonna do more than 1 squat variation in a workout session, you move from the exercise which requires the most ROM to the one that requires the least. So, like in that famous 4 Squat Workout, they have you do Overhead Squats, Front Squats, Back Squats and then half Squats. This is just a suggestion because you wrote you were tired...If you arrange the exercises like this then you never reduce the weight on the bar. It always goes up because you can always front squat more than you can overhead squat and you can always back squats more than you front squat and everyone can half squat the most! :D

So give it a shot if you like, TBlock.

I agree with your observations. You should be rowing more. Good luck! :)

Nice Squatting.

You know, if you want your Front Squats to come up, do them prior to back squats. Usually when you're gonna do more than 1 squat variation in a workout session, you move from the exercise which requires the most ROM to the one that requires the least. So, like in that famous 4 Squat Workout, they have you do Overhead Squats, Front Squats, Back Squats and then half Squats. This is just a suggestion because you wrote you were tired...If you arrange the exercises like this then you never reduce the weight on the bar. It always goes up because you can always front squat more than you can overhead squat and you can always back squats more than you front squat and everyone can half squat the most! :D

So give it a shot if you like, TBlock.

I agree with your observations. You should be rowing more. Good luck! :)

I like that 4 squat workout it looks good! 2 things though:
- Need to work on overhead squat form because it was easy holding the weight above my head but my knees sent way over my toes and my form was all wacked with legs bending out and stuff. I'll need better from before I go heavier on these.
-Can't half squats be bad for your knees?

I like that 4 squat workout it looks good! 2 things though:
- Need to work on overhead squat form because it was easy holding the weight above my head but my knees sent way over my toes and my form was all wacked with legs bending out and stuff. I'll need better from before I go heavier on these.
-Can't half squats be bad for your knees?
Your knees going over your toes is an age old myth. Knees over toes is irrelevant. You need to worry about hips and hip mobility. Do your mobility drills (SaiBot would agree with me on this) and try overhead squats first. If you need help with this, hit me up. I have a lot of practice and experience with them and after ignoring them for 2 months I am just getting back into it and reading over my past notes and remembering things...

I have been doing the four squat workout minus the last squat lol...If you're interested in this, here's what you should know:

1.) You NEVER reduce the weight on the bar. It only goes upwards, ok?

2.) The four exercises are: Overhead Squats, Front Squats, Back Squats and Half Squats.

You do 3-4 sets per exercise. Rep ranges are really up to you but here's what you're supposed to do according to the program:
Set 1 = 5-7 reps
Set 2 = 3-5 reps
Set 3 = 2-3 reps
Set 4 (Optional) = 1-2 reps

I worry about my knees on half squats too...which is why I sort of do 4-5 sets for all the other exercises and do just 2 heavy sets on the half squat and call it a day.

Monday 12.21.09

Weight 192.6 w/shorts and shirt before workout

Squat( all sets by 5)

Bench

Hypers
2x20x45 lbs PR

Situps on hyper machine
1x12x45 PR (bodyweight +45 lb dumbell)1x12x50 PR
(bodyweight +50 lb dumbell)Situps on floor
1x10x50 lbs added PR

-lowback pain after squats
-rows made it worse
-after 2nd set of hypers it felt better
-need to stretch more, and warmup better
-workout took 49 minutes
-first day of Bill Starr 5x5
-Haven't done a solid workout since last wednesday, so I've felt super aggressive. Need workouts to get it out. Lol yesterday I randomly started punching the wall to get out my aggressiveness, need those workouts!!!

Tuesay 12.22.09

Alternative Cardio Day

Bodyweight=morning 189.8 lbs with t-shirt +shorts

Pullups=11

Rucksack march: 6 miles 1:47:57 w/82.o lbs in pack + 6 minute break PR

189.0 lbs bodyweight after ruck march no clothes

Comments:

Hiked my local trail (6 mile loop) with 82 lbs in my old schoolback pack, very uncomfortable. I haven't done this in 3 months so it was super hard, but I still beat my old time with 74 lbs by 5 minutes:artist::D. At the end it got dark and I ended up running in the dark with a little flashlight and 82 lbs on my back because I thought I was behind my old time. This is by the far the hardest workout I ever do, I am so covered in sweat by the end and so tired I can barely move. The trail gains about 900 feet elevation, which isn't too bad. So happy I beat my old time!!!! I think I am going to take tomorrow off and do my next workout Thurday instead, will see how I feel tomorrow.

Top Bottom