Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fitness Log

Thursday 9.22.2011

Bench (90 seconds rest btw sets)
10x3x230

Squat
225x5
245x3

few sets of plyometric push ups and dips

comments: bench was definitely harder than I'd of liked it to be, and squats were very weak and pathetic feeling. Im going to really want to work on my squat, got to get it to at least 300+ for reps

Friday 9.23.2011

did a few sets of military press and jerks plus a 6 or more mile run in the morning

Monday 11/7/2011

Squat
275x5

GHR
3x10x25 lbs

Hanging leg raises (very strict)
1x10xbw
1x10x5
2x10x10

Neck machine (2 sets to each side, and 2 forward and backward)
8 sets x 12 reps x 60 lbs

Calf raise:
3x10x each leg seperate

Comments: Good workout, squat is slowly coming up

Friday 11/11/11

Bench
3x5x225

DB ohp
3x10x50's

Jerks
couple reps at 185

Tate press
3x10x40's

Comments: Decent stuff. I missed my bench/ohp and deadlift workout last week because of an rotc event so I was happy that 3x5x225 felt easy.

So here is my routine right now, its basically a modified version of the routine lweaver suggested a while back. I like it a lot so far.

Routine

Day 1

-Back Squat (work up to a heavy set of 5)
-GHR (3 sets)
-Weighted Planks (3 heavy sets)
-Neck machine (8 sets, 2 L, 2 R, 2 Forward, 2 back, all sets of 12 reps)
-Calve raises (3x10-12 x each leg)

Day 2 (ohp 1st eo week, bench 1st eo week)

-Bench Press
-DB Press (3x6-8)
-OHP
-Jerks (3x3 or so)
-Tate Press (3x10)

Day 3-pulls

-Deadlift (work up to heavy set of 5)
-Weighted pull ups (3x5-8)
-Dumbell Row-heavy (3x10+)
-Back extension (3x20 w/ weight)
-Grip Work

Exercises I'd like to have in the routine but couldnt fit yet:

Hanging leg raises?
Good mornings?
Lunges?
Dips?
Barbell rows?
Weighted pushups?
Cgbp?
Speed bench?

But I got a couple questions.
1. Do you guys think weighted planks or hanging leg raises are better? So far I had a lifting buddy every time so I did weighted planks but this monday I didnt so I tried hanging leg raises and liked them a lot, maybe I could fit both in the routine?
2. Any ideas on how to fit some of those ? exercises in the routine?
3. What do you guys think of the routine, rep ranges, sets, days, choice of exercises, etc?

Last edited:
Nice to see you posting!

As far as ab work, I agree with the fine gentlemen at elitefts that it should be done standing, since our everyday movements including the squat and the deadlift are done as such. I've added standing cable crunches to both my squat and deadlift days (running Wendler 5 3 1), using the lat machine thigh pads against the back of my legs to stabilize. You could always switch your ab work every month or so too...

Good Mornings-when I do these it's immediately after squatting, set and rep scheme dependent upon how much is left in the tank. I alternate between wide stance, narrow stance and occasionally seated with a safety bar.

Hanging Leg Raises-Maybe to these on squat day and a different ab exercise on deadlift day?

Lunges- If I added them it would be as an accessory on squat day. If Im feeling good I usually take a movement like the leg press and run myself into the ground with it. Maybe the lunge would be a good finisher?

Dips/CGBP/Weighted Pushups- would rotate them all as accessory lifts for the bench press.

Speed Bench-depending on how much speed work you feel you need I guess. You could designate every 3rd or fourth week for focusing on speed bench. I go dynamic with all my warmup sets and will be using speed bench on my deload weeks, and that seems like more than enough for where I am at.

Just gotta be careful how much you add, too much volume can kill progress if you arent careful.

Sunday 11/13/2011

Deadlift
135x5
225x5
275x3
315x3
355x2
380x5

Pull ups
3x5x45

DB Row (1st and 2nd set done slow and controlled, 3rd done explosively)
3x10x80 (one arm at a time, DB paused on floor between each rep)

Comments: Good workout, I added 5 pounds on my deadlifts from last deadlift workout which was like 2 weeks ago

Bodyweight: 183

Top Bottom