Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First prolotherapy treatment yesterday. Training in sight

burnthiscorpse

Plat Hero
Platinum
Well maybe training isnt quite in sight yet...but it shouldnt be far off. Couple months maybe.
I have been wanting to go to this doc for like 3 years for my rotator cuff tendonosis!!! Finally my financial situation has allowed it. (insurance doesnt cover)
I was super pissed that he couldnt do both shoulders yesterday. But I had a big cyst-ish type zit right in a spot he needed to get at on the left side:mad: So he wanted to play it safe and not inject in or around it obviously.

The experience itself was pretty cool. Really strange feeling. Not really painful at all. Except when he got into a part of the tendon that was real sore. Between the front side and the back side of my right rotator I got a total of around 65-70 injections!! You could feel the needle go in like butter and then slowly dull off as he went on. The skin would crunch and pop as it went through. :biggrin:
He asked me if I wanted the nurse to put the cold numbing spray on me first. I just laughed and said do I look like a cold numbing spray kind of guy?
My doc is awsome. He seriously knows his shit. Going back in 2.5 weeks for the other shoulder and some tri insertion elbow prolo.
Thinking of doing some PRP too(platlet rich plasma injections)after the prolo.

The thing is, as the night went on it got increasingly sore. (duh) But this morning it was like 70% better. So I'm wondering if the dextrose solution wasnt strong enough for me. He told me I was going to be pretty sore for a few days. Not the case though. It seems my body did a pretty good job absorbing it?
Maybe next time he'll give me the sodium..something(i forget) solution.

On a wierd side note. Once He was done I found myself wanting more:biggrin: . Is that fucked up?

Pin cushion!!!!

I hope this heals you up nicely bro.

Could explain exactly what prolotherapy is? Google is broken :D

Pin cushion!!!!

I hope this heals you up nicely bro.

Could explain exactly what prolotherapy is? Google is broken :D

Certainly:biggrin:

Basically, the doc finds the degenerated(in my case) tendons in the shoulder (or wherever they are, elbows, knees, anywhere) and marks them. Then injects the tendon itself multiple times (in my case 34 in each) with an irritating solution. Usually a dextrose solution. The solution fills the tendon and causes serious inflammation. It causes the body to send all its healing resources to heal the problem. Therefore you get 100% healing attention to the spot as opposed to only a little under normal circumstances. In a nutshell it forces your body to heal itself. It can take a year or more to fully regenerate tissue, fibers, ect ect....but its a treatment that you can still train with while your getting it done. Its the only actual "cure" for tendonosis.
But in my case I need to get healed up to a point where i can just train period. As it is now, if i do any benching, or curling or overhead pressing my shoulders are just burning so bad i cant stand it and have to stop. Even driving with my hand on top of the steering wheel burns. Or rooting around in a cupboard in my kitchen gets them burning.
Theres lots of uses for prolo. Its definatley a great thing as it pertains to what we do. Even if you dont actually have tendonitis or tendonosis its a great way to tighten up a loose shoulder or elbow. It can be quite expensive but usually if your paying cash the doc will work with you.
Maybe Zyg will stop in and comment. He is the resident guru on the subject and told me a long time ago to get it done but I couldnt afford it at the time. He might be able to offer a better description of prolo than i could.

I had PRP done on my shoulder May 4 (2 RC tears + bursitis). I could barely use my arm for the first two/three days, it still hurt too much to ride in a car 4 days out. I couldn't go back to work (I'm a transcriptionist) until a full 6 days had gone by. It has good days and bad days now. Next treatment June 24.

Not as many shots, I didn't look, probably 4 to 6. The worst was when he drained the bursa. I started taking GH stimulating peptides before the therapy, hoping the two will work together. I really don't want to go under the knife, I've heard shoulder surgery/recovery is the worst.

I had PRP done on my shoulder May 4 (2 RC tears + bursitis). I could barely use my arm for the first two/three days, it still hurt too much to ride in a car 4 days out. I couldn't go back to work (I'm a transcriptionist) until a full 6 days had gone by. It has good days and bad days now. Next treatment June 24.

Not as many shots, I didn't look, probably 4 to 6. The worst was when he drained the bursa. I started taking GH stimulating peptides before the therapy, hoping the two will work together. I really don't want to go under the knife, I've heard shoulder surgery/recovery is the worst.

I have not heard good things about recovery from surgurey to fix RC tears. That sucks. Saying the phrase "draining the bursa sack" makes me queasy. GH stimulating peptides do work though if you get the good stuff. I used it many years ago and it definatley helped but that was just to help me gain. Not to help heal. I want to use real HGH but i want to wait until I can afford a years worth at 2iu ED. Just for HRT purposes and healing nagging things here and there.

I have not heard good things about recovery from surgurey to fix RC tears. That sucks. Saying the phrase "draining the bursa sack" makes me queasy.
Eh, it wasn't MUCH different than the rest of the injections, it's the whole idea of "stick a needle into a sack" that wigs you out :lmao: Think "deflate the bursal cushion" there you go :qt:

GH stimulating peptides do work though if you get the good stuff. I used it many years ago and it definatley helped but that was just to help me gain. Not to help heal. I want to use real HGH but i want to wait until I can afford a years worth at 2iu ED. Just for HRT purposes and healing nagging things here and there.
I really thought about HGH but I was more afraid of that stuff, I'm leery of interfering too much with nature by adding hormones that can block natural production without being monitored and I didn't think even an anti-aging doctor would write me a script for the legal stuff (even if I could afford it) so this felt like a nice, safe (affordable) compromise.

And this PRP ain't cheap (last session was $800 out of pocket) I really want to give it every chance to succeed.

Yeah, when a doctor tells you recovery from something sucks the big one you KNOW that shit is freakin' awful.

Eh, it wasn't MUCH different than the rest of the injections, it's the whole idea of "stick a needle into a sack" that wigs you out :lmao: Think "deflate the bursal cushion" there you go :qt:

I really thought about HGH but I was more afraid of that stuff, I'm leery of interfering too much with nature by adding hormones that can block natural production without being monitored and I didn't think even an anti-aging doctor would write me a script for the legal stuff (even if I could afford it) so this felt like a nice, safe (affordable) compromise.

And this PRP ain't cheap (last session was $800 out of pocket) I really want to give it every chance to succeed.

Yeah, when a doctor tells you recovery from something sucks the big one you KNOW that shit is freakin' awful.

If your old enough I would think and anti aging doc would be all about HGH therapy. The only thing that freaks me out is the fact that while it cant "cause" cancer it can wake up a dormant cancer cell that maybe never would have been an issue. No cancer history in my family except my father. That was kinda a freak thing. We think some of his work after retirement might have contributed to it. $800 out of pocket is a pretty good chunk!!! My doc gave me a steal of a deal on my prolo cause I was paying out of pocket. It was half of what everyone has been posting for payments.
I cant believe how much it doesnt hurt today. I dunno if thats good or bad yet.
He wanted me to be pain free when i left the office. I tried overhead one hand pressing some stuff he had but it wasnt enough weight to get a reaction one way or another.

If your old enough I would think and anti aging doc would be all about HGH therapy.
I'm 46 so I'm walking a line. Honestly, I do not have that kind of coin. I'm pretty sure prescription HGH therapy can run nearly $1,000/month (I could be wrong).

The only thing that freaks me out is the fact that while it cant "cause" cancer it can wake up a dormant cancer cell that maybe never would have been an issue. No cancer history in my family except my father. That was kinda a freak thing. We think some of his work after retirement might have contributed to it.
I'm more worried about parts of my body growing :worried: face, hands, that shit? That really wigs me out.

$800 out of pocket is a pretty good chunk!!! My doc gave me a steal of a deal on my prolo cause I was paying out of pocket. It was half of what everyone has been posting for payments.
I cant believe how much it doesnt hurt today. I dunno if thats good or bad yet.
He wanted me to be pain free when i left the office. I tried overhead one hand pressing some stuff he had but it wasnt enough weight to get a reaction one way or another.
And that $800 was only for session ONE! I have one, maybe two more sessions to go (thank god for low interest credit cards). Ah well, putting a down payment on my doc's new yacht or something, I guess ...

My doc told me NO weights, not for six months until after the last session. Until then, be nice to it. Treat it like the healing injury it is, use it within the normal range of motion as long as it's pain free. Honestly, I'm scared to blow it up. I actually may ask him to write me a script for work hardening when he says I can get back to weights. Right now it's weird, it hurts in places different from before the treatment :/ Before the PRP raising my arm straight up in an arc in front of my body was virtually impossible. Now that is nearly painless, but raising my arm straight up, out to the side hurts. And there was formerly a painful catch feeling sort of in the back of the shoulder joint now it feels like it's catching in the front :whatever: He'll ultrasound me, ask me for the most painful places and and stick more needles into those spots next month :lmao:

I trust him. He's had the procedure himself, and so have several members of his staff. I can tell things are shifting and changing in the joint, and expect it's going to take time if it will work. My injury is old, chronic. For me, this is literally a "Hail Mary" before giving up and never lifting a weight again or going under the knife.

I'm 46 so I'm walking a line. Honestly, I do not have that kind of coin. I'm pretty sure prescription HGH therapy can run nearly $1,000/month (I could be wrong).

I'm more worried about parts of my body growing :worried: face, hands, that shit? That really wigs me out.

And that $800 was only for session ONE! I have one, maybe two more sessions to go (thank god for low interest credit cards). Ah well, putting a down payment on my doc's new yacht or something, I guess ...

My doc told me NO weights, not for six months until after the last session. Until then, be nice to it. Treat it like the healing injury it is, use it within the normal range of motion as long as it's pain free. Honestly, I'm scared to blow it up. I actually may ask him to write me a script for work hardening when he says I can get back to weights. Right now it's weird, it hurts in places different from before the treatment :/ Before the PRP raising my arm straight up in an arc in front of my body was virtually impossible. Now that is nearly painless, but raising my arm straight up, out to the side hurts. And there was formerly a painful catch feeling sort of in the back of the shoulder joint now it feels like it's catching in the front :whatever: He'll ultrasound me, ask me for the most painful places and and stick more needles into those spots next month :lmao:

I trust him. He's had the procedure himself, and so have several members of his staff. I can tell things are shifting and changing in the joint, and expect it's going to take time if it will work. My injury is old, chronic. For me, this is literally a "Hail Mary" before giving up and never lifting a weight again or going under the knife.

Well I cant speak for script or clinic hgh scripts. But I know its alot less from "others" if you were only doing a 1.5-2iu hrt dose.
I wouldnt give up though. I was diagnosed with dual rotator tears by one ortho before I got MRI's. Then I got the MRI's and they showed nothing. I hope to be training light by July maybe. My origional goal was to be able to train semi normal by the end of the year. Hopefully I can do that sooner. But I'll do what it takes. I cant train at all and havn't been able to since last august so this time when I'm g2g i'm not going to take it for granted quite as much.
Last time I kept up around 16% BF and was 281 when I had to stop. Now I'm a 255 lb bag of dog shit. I started cardio and about 1200 cal ED diet and dropped 11 lb (was 260) in 2 weeks. But I moved for the last week so I have put back on 4-5 lbs. Back to the diet in a few days. Going to drop to apx 220-225 before I train. Try to keep the BF% in high single digits this time around.

Top Bottom