Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First PR after injury (deadlift)

djeclipse

I haven't been able to lift for over a year due to a torn achilies tendon, and some lazyness on my part.

I started back 6 weeks ago and I already have a new PR in deadlift, and it came after my regular deadlift workout.

This was my workout.

225 x 5
270 x 5
315 x 5
360 x 5

The 360 felt good, the last rep was hard. I wanted to see how some singles felt as last time I was able to pull 360 for 5 I didn't go for a one rep max... that weekend I had my injury and was kicking my self ever since.

So I did

405 x 1 Was heavy but went up steady
420 x 1

People at the gym said it went up fast, but ti felt slow to me, I had a slight hitch just around the knee but kept it moving. I assume it would have been better if I didn't do so much volume in in the previous lifts.

It feels good to make a new PR after so long, and only after 6 weeks of getting back into it. When I started 315 x 5 was hard. I just wish the rest of my lifts progressed this much.

My body weight is a fat ass 185, the beer gut is hard to loose.

EDIT: All my lifts are raw, no straps, no belt. just some chalk and what god gave me ;)

Powerlifting57 said:
nice job, keep up the hard work and 500 will be here soon!!

Solution to the beer gut..............Stop drinking!!!

thx.

I don't drink beer much at all, maybe 2 x a month. It's all the other crap I eat, sweats mostly. Now that easter is coming those Cadbuary eggs are so hard to say no to.

Great work man. That's a hell of an injury to come back from but sounds like you're doing it right.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
Great work man. That's a hell of an injury to come back from but sounds like you're doing it right.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Thx.

Unfortunately I am still unable to squat as I started playing soccer to soon and now the area just below my knee (where the muscle attaches) hurts when ever I do any kind of squat motion, even without weights. It sucks ass.

djeclipse said:
Thx.

Unfortunately I am still unable to squat as I started playing soccer to soon and now the area just below my knee (where the muscle attaches) hurts when ever I do any kind of squat motion, even without weights. It sucks ass.

Have you tried a wider stance? Maybe look into getting some ART(active release therapy) to help stretch that back out slowly. You also could have some calcium deposits under the tendon that's pretty common when you stress them too soon too hard.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
Have you tried a wider stance? Maybe look into getting some ART(active release therapy) to help stretch that back out slowly. You also could have some calcium deposits under the tendon that's pretty common when you stress them too soon too hard.

Cheers,
Scotsman

It's not the tendon that hurts, it's my knee (or the area just under it). I think I came back to soccer too early and must have been compensating some how, and injured the knee area.

I've tried a wider stance, but it hurts even walking down the stairs.

What is ACT, are they stretches? Where can I find out more about them?

djeclipse said:
It's not the tendon that hurts, it's my knee (or the area just under it). I think I came back to soccer too early and must have been compensating some how, and injured the knee area.

I've tried a wider stance, but it hurts even walking down the stairs.

What is ACT, are they stretches? Where can I find out more about them?

Have you been back to the doc to get it checked out?

ART let me look and I'll try and post some links for you.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
Have you been back to the doc to get it checked out?

ART let me look and I'll try and post some links for you.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I've been to the doctor once when it first started to hurt. She said that it is the area just under my knee, the point where the leg muscle goes over the knee cap and connects.

She said to put ice on it 4 times a day for 2 weeks. The problem is I am not able to put ice on it 4 times a day. It felt better after the 2 weeks, but as soon as I went back and played soccer or tried to squat, the pain was back.

I checked out the web sites you posted, it looks like ART is something I can't do my self. maybe I'll go back to the doctor and see what she says.

it is definately soft tissue problem and it sounds like the ART therapy would help. The only problem is finding some where to go for it and how much does it cost.

Top Bottom