Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

first post... help on bill starr's 5x5

They are suppost to be Ramping, or aka progressive. Just look at the spread sheet if you have it, all the values are different so each set is ramping. And I'm 99% positive on Mad Cow's site where it is showing you what you need to do, it says all sets Ramping.

Terribly sorry, I forgot there was a few different 5x5's. I'm on the intermediate one and totally forgot there was an advanced one.

Doh'ers

I have my palms facing me, not sure which way it is. But I bend at my knees slighty like I'm prepping for a Dead lift. It seemed like if you did them with your palm facing up to the ceiling/away from you, it would be some new kind of weird bicep thing that if people saw you doing would catch on and become the new best awesomest Bicep Curl.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.d...D82631B213B4C348822.hydra?id=1205880&pageNo=0

There is a picture just a few post down, that is how I do them and you can see the fellows hand position. Poster name with the picture is Nate Dawg, not too far down. Just slowly scroll down and you'll see it.

sorry i should have made that clear. few final questions
1. how many reps do people do on the 2 sets of weighted hyperextensions?
2. it says do chins/pullups/pulldowns 5x5 on the website but then 3x8 on the excel spreadsheet... which exercise and at 5x5 or 3x8 do people do? do it with or without weight? (chins and pullups)
3. the 3x8 for biceps triceps etc... is it increasing weight or the same weight?

thanks everyone!

vinnyxgunz said:
sorry i should have made that clear. few final questions
1. how many reps do people do on the 2 sets of weighted hyperextensions?
2. it says do chins/pullups/pulldowns 5x5 on the website but then 3x8 on the excel spreadsheet... which exercise and at 5x5 or 3x8 do people do? do it with or without weight? (chins and pullups)
3. the 3x8 for biceps triceps etc... is it increasing weight or the same weight? thanks everyone!
I'm not the end all of information but i'll tell ya what i'm doing:

1. 8 reps
2. not sure
3. increasing

Rabid_Goose said:
I have my palms facing me, not sure which way it is. But I bend at my knees slighty like I'm prepping for a Dead lift. It seemed like if you did them with your palm facing up to the ceiling/away from you, it would be some new kind of weird bicep thing that if people saw you doing would catch on and become the new best awesomest Bicep Curl.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.d...D82631B213B4C348822.hydra?id=1205880&pageNo=0

There is a picture just a few post down, that is how I do them and you can see the fellows hand position. Poster name with the picture is Nate Dawg, not too far down. Just slowly scroll down and you'll see it.
nice link... here's a quick view of the pic:

bd5eb-nate_row_1.jpg

Top Bottom