Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

first HST work out... WOW!

TheOak84

10 min warmup on threadmill

10 min ab work out

the rep tempo i did was 3 down 3 up, 0 rest at top and bottom. im totally not used to training like this, it was kind of rough

Squats x 2 - 195
SLDL x 1 - 130
Calf Raise x 2 - 135
Bench press x 2 - 175
incline press x 1 - 105
*real weary, 5 min break*
BB Rows x 2 - 105
Pull down x 1 - 105
Military x 2 - 85
DB Shrug x 2 - 75
over head ext x 2 - 55
bb curl x 2 - 45

my nervous system was so dead i was shaking everytime i tried to stablize my self to do an exercise.

i left with a real good pump my workout partner had just the same feeling as me.

if it was this rough the first day, i cant imagine the next work out

Actually, it gets much easier. When you decondition, it's rather rough on the body to jump back into working out. Your CNS isn't used to the workload. Give it another two workouts. You'll be back to normal.

Tom Treutlein said:
Actually, it gets much easier. When you decondition, it's rather rough on the body to jump back into working out. Your CNS isn't used to the workload. Give it another two workouts. You'll be back to normal.

i think it was fucked up because i fell asleep at 7 am and woke up at 12 pm.

i was real shakey though, i dunno y, im ok now though, just tired :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Training so slowly with that 3-tempo will build bodybuilder muscles, but will also make you slow. Train slow, be slow.

15. You start out with 15's, then go to 10's, then finally drop to 5's. Constantly following an upward trend in intensity to combat the repeated bout effect (the idea that the muscle become increasingly resistant to the tension placed upon them).

Aero, who told you that? Whoever it is, slap them. You won't get "bodybuilder muscles" if you slow down your reps. Muscles are muscles bro. They don't know how to change their fashion and design to look different. They know to react to a stimulus, that stimulus being weight placed upon them, and to respond by growth to adapt to the new load to protect itself from breaking down against it in the future.

Tom Treutlein said:
Aero, who told you that? Whoever it is, slap them. You won't get "bodybuilder muscles" if you slow down your reps. Muscles are muscles bro. They don't know how to change their fashion and design to look different. They know to react to a stimulus, that stimulus being weight placed upon them, and to respond by growth to adapt to the new load to protect itself from breaking down against it in the future.

Actually, slow controlled movement is greatly benefitial............prevents cheating for one, and I've found it to yield much greater results.

Well to stop you from cheating is one thing, but the idea that it gives "bodybuilder" muscles is what I was attacked. Muscles are muscles. Greater results due to more time under tension, I'd guess. Still, people grow from explosive weights in which the muscle is under little tension. Look at CCJ.

Tom Treutlein said:

Sorry Tom, muscle aren't just muscle. There are different fiber types that twitch at different rates of contraction. Form equals function by training slow the pathway used If over 10-15sec (could be off here a little) is mainly ATP, Creatine, Pyruvic acid. After 15sec to about 2-3 minutes is mostly glycolysis, after 5 min is mostly oxidative, each muscle fiber type (there are three classes) uses a distainct pathway more efficiently than the other fibers. So by training in the time range 15-60 sec is mostly a Pink fiber (IIa-?)type which promotes good size gains and oxidative ability, but not as much speed and power output as white fibers. Also there is an issue of CNS training, when you train slow the muscle fibers are "taught" not to fire all at once since the musclular contraction has to be longer . I'll put it in one simple anology: if training with a 3,0,3 cadence is helpful with peak power then why don't most top powerlifters train that way, it would be safer then heavy triples and singles, they don't because the need explosive power...

You are right in the part progressive resistance will add muscle, so can the CNS as well

Top Bottom