Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

first HST work out... WOW!

I've read all about fiber-type. But a lot of it is mere conjecture, actual studies performed support Casual's statements.

Debaser said:
I've read all about fiber-type. But a lot of it is mere conjecture, actual studies performed support Casual's statements.

well like i said i made a new thread it is up already with te article..go ahead and rip it apart over there lets leave oak's thread to the subject!

Sounds like ya had a good sound workout Oak,..Congrats!! Winded the snot outta ya too didn't it?!?! hehehe :chomp: (doin the 15's,..winded the snot outta us) :chomp:

Went through it twice myself and saw some pretty decent gains, although I wish I had been eating a helluva lot more than I was,..sure I woulda seen a lot more gains if I had been. I followed the "Eating For Size" part of the HST program (actually pretty muched followed the whole program to a "T") and while based on scientific results, I shoulda uppped the calories based on a more personal level.

We also did a 3-5 sec on the negatives and were Explosive on the positives, and even though its more of a mass building routine our PR's had gone up going into the second cycle, so there are strength gains to be made as well.

I will most likely be trying it again late next Fall or early Winter, and would recomend it to BB types lookin' to add some mass.

I'm 36 (today) and my workout partner is 38 and the shakes never did subside for us during the 15's like TT said,..Was pretty fun though and loved the pumps.

TheOak84 said:
so on hst, do recommend 2-3 second negative and explode up?

do u think u get a better workout on the positive or the negative, (which most people perform like shit). or the same amount of stress on both?

I'm not sure what you mean...

I do the positives explosively and the negatives probably 2-3 full seconds. The negatives are what cause damage anyway... so it makes sense to push explosively because you don't waste energy on slow positives.

And the other benefits to explosive concentrics that we already discussed.

wnt2bBeast said:
Bro i know your a mod but i would like for you to debate Chris Aceto (works with Cutler) and others about fiber recruitment..your spreading half truths!!!!!!

Hey, please don't ever thing that because I'm a mod you're not allowed to challenge what I say.

Most of what I say I can probably back up with scientific studies or trustworthy articles, but sometimes I may not find anything. Either way, one of us learns something. :)

TheOak84 said:
10 min warmup on threadmill

10 min ab work out

the rep tempo i did was 3 down 3 up, 0 rest at top and bottom. im totally not used to training like this, it was kind of rough

Squats x 2 - 195
SLDL x 1 - 130
Calf Raise x 2 - 135
Bench press x 2 - 175
incline press x 1 - 105
*real weary, 5 min break*
BB Rows x 2 - 105
Pull down x 1 - 105
Military x 2 - 85
DB Shrug x 2 - 75
over head ext x 2 - 55
bb curl x 2 - 45

my nervous system was so dead i was shaking everytime i tried to stablize my self to do an exercise.

i left with a real good pump my workout partner had just the same feeling as me.

if it was this rough the first day, i cant imagine the next work out

Well, I didn't want to post this, but I did this workout today (my gym was closed, f'd up my whole schedule...) and it put me down......very intense. My appetite is suffering big time from it.......props.

Top Bottom