Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Find A Gym: What do you look for when selecting a gym membership?

George Spellwin

The Architect
Staff member
Administrator
Elite Moderator
Guys,

I finished my article on how to Find a Gym, the top 10 things to look for. Thanks for your help. Here's a link to the article "Find a Gym"!

I'm researching an article and I need your help. When you are looking for a gym membership, what do you look for?

Also, is there anything about your gym that makes it great? Or that really sucks?

Please post up.

Last edited:
Hours of operation ever since I joined a 24/7 place. Going elsehwere would be annoying n=knowing I would miss workouts.

i just recently joined a gym that has alot of stuff but one thing that has really annoyed me is the amount of weights. to do leg press i find myself walking around the gym to get enough plates to load it up. they have alot of hammer strength free weight machines just not enough weight racks.

i look for variety for each body part, how clean it is, some extra amenities are nice. the gym i just joined has tanning included and that is nice and easy.

as said above, how close it is to your work or home is pretty much the number one thing.

Power Racks/Squat Racks, plenty of olympic bars and free weights, and they absolutely must be ok with me using chalk (and quite a bit of it). I refuse to work out in a gym that won't let people use chalk so they can keep it pretty for all the people who go there but don't really work out.
CHALK!!!! One of the best performance enhancing substances available IMO.
As a bonus: bumper plates and olympic lifting platform/floor.

My gym in New York has digital locks built into the lockers - so no schlepping your combination lock to the gym - I like that a lot.

There's also two ballerina instructors that give me a private Pilates lesson each week. I like that a lot too. :devil:

the set up... i like the gym i go to because where the free weight area is when our looking into the mirrors you can see the upstairs right behind you where all the ladies use the tredmills, elipticals etc...
nice ass views (literally) plus i can work out with good scenery! although it does get difficult to concentrate at times lol

Usually the distance to the gym is a big factor in which one I go to. After that, I check to make sure they have the machines/weight I need. The only thing that sucks about my gym is it is a commercial gym (NYSC) and a lot of people go there just to talk. They literally sit and talk on machines for 20 minutes and don't even use it. Another thing that sucks is most people have no idea what they are doing and take up my time using the machines. You know, that overweight guy that comes in once every 15 days and hops off and on machines in between your super set. Things like that. I seriously hate the people at the NYSC, the only thing I like is they keep their machines up to date and throw a lot of money into it.

Top Bottom