Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fighting Tips for someone who has no martail art training

Wow punching to throat, weapons? You guys fight cheap and dirty, and thats how people get seriously hurt. I'm from a town small enough that everyone pretty much knows everyone. Nothing worse than fighting cheap and dirty than having to watch your back.
Hey man, for a start, I am not a bad guy, and don't look for trouble, but if I am forced into it, then I will stop at nothing. Cheap and dirty? No, but that is how I like my women.

If your in a fight you can't avoid, there is probably a good reason why. But the chances of being in this situation is slim to none if your not being a dickhead.
Sorry, but assholes don't need reasons, most of the time. just give them alcohol and they wait for a nice guy to fall into their paranoia, and wham! life is sick like that. If he is drunk and has a woman, then he will no doubt believe you are humping her alrady. women and wars...

If you do have a fight, make sure you have enough buddies around. I have been on the out number end of things a few times. It sucks.
ok, so I need to have a posse, before getting into trouble... like I have said, and seen, you don't square off like in westerns. you may be taking a piss in the toilet. violence can happen everwhere, especially when you least expect it. there is seldom safety in numbers.

Pull your self close into the person and less chances of getting hit in the face. Than just hold on for the ride and try to trip the person with a simple leg sweep.
And then what? fall to the ground with him? but what if he read your advice and has mates with him? oh yeah, you have you mates too. too messy. outside the ring, it has great risk. Going in close is perfect, but you must damage him there, with close range options; elbows, forearms, upper cuts etc

When you do have mma training and get into a fight, your hands are considered a weapon if the other person ever presses charges.
bullshit.

After many broken hands, noses, black eyes street fight is over rated. If a person is really tough and they know it they aren't out fighting to prove it.
then you understand the need for violence against violence. not gentleman vs beast

When you are in trouble, you don't play nice, you aim to get away as soon as you can, not fuck around fighting dojo styles.

I have trained in traditional styles, but put faith in the principles that work, outside of training 'techniques'. the aim is to reduce your harm, while maximisimg theirs, and fast.

nothing heroic, just get it done, and be violent, if they are out to injure you. it doesnt always work as planned, but screw being defensive. be offensive.

Laws here in canada if you have any training its considered a assault with a weapon.

I no longer drink so the whole being around drunks doesn't involve me.

When I did go out to bars/pubs what not to get drunk. I always went with a group of people. Its more fun with a bunch of buddies plus you don't have to worry as much.

I live in a town of 75,000 so everyone pretty much knows everyone so I guess thats why I didn't worry about fighting as much.

Wow punching to throat, weapons? You guys fight cheap and dirty, and thats how people get seriously hurt. I'm from a town small enough that everyone pretty much knows everyone. Nothing worse than fighting cheap and dirty than having to watch your back.

If your in a fight you can't avoid, there is probably a good reason why. But the chances of being in this situation is slim to none if your not being a dickhead.

If you do have a fight, make sure you have enough buddies around. I have been on the out number end of things a few times. It sucks.

Pull your self close into the person and less chances of getting hit in the face. Than just hold on for the ride and try to trip the person with a simple leg sweep.

When you do have mma training and get into a fight, your hands are considered a weapon if the other person ever presses charges.

After many broken hands, noses, black eyes street fight is over rated. If a person is really tough and they know it they aren't out fighting to prove it.
If you look at what the op posted he asked for tips on defending himself.

Those are many moves taught by self defense teachers. Teaching him to fight is completley different. Im a fighter and a marine so I in no way go out to start fights and dont want to fight in the street too many things can go wrong.

Really good advice would be for you to train.

you won't learn how to throw a good punch on the internet because things change once you get punched back....you need to learn how to deal with strikes, wrestling, etc for a period of time. a couple of sentences on the net about punching someone might get you knocked the fuck out in a real life encounter.

These days, flight is the only real option.. Weapons are simply too common, and once testosterone starts flying all rules go out the window.

Groundfighting/takedowns are next-to useless in a streetfight, so are big flowery techniques (including haymakers etc), and kicks should be restricted to waist-down ares only. If you are cornered and simply must fight your way out, keep the techniques as short and simple as possible, and manouver yourself into a position that you can escape. Keep your cool, you will get hit, possibly worse, you may end up looking like a "wimp", but at least you're alive, hopefully uninjured, and not headed to prison.

Wing chun (if you can find a good instructor) is a good starting point, simple and fast. Remember there are no rules on the street, so kneeing a guy in the balls, or stomping on someone's foot (foot bones are easily crushed, and cause intense pain) or making them eat an ashtray is all smart if the situation arises. use surfaces to your advantage (slippery floors or broken glass can really mess up a kickboxer)

If you're faced with multiple assailants, try to manipulate your positioning so that you're using one guy to sheild you from the others. This way you only have to worry about attacks from one spot, and you hopefully won't end up feeling a knife in your back.

But first and foremost, get out! To live and learn is way better than the alternative.

without any training at all best thing can say if you don't back off is you be the more aggressive, once the fight starts throwing fast and hard punches while going forward, many big mouths who start fight's get a shock when other guy turns the aggressor and once on back foot that's most the fight won there

find a muay thai not a kickboxing one, everyone knows how stand infront of you and throw a punch and may knock you out but thai clinching and start to knee then it's all you they cant throw anything back, not so effective against tall guys though

knee to balls, headbutt/elbow to face then get the fuck outta there before more people join in. best bet is not to hang around fukwits that are likely to get you into trouble. barstools, bottles, glasses are also an option if your in a corner and up against numbers.

i wouldnt go lookin for fights if i were you

agreed with dark knight...Just dont loose your chance and let the opponent hit you first...well I like hitting with elbows backward in the face...

You should learn some combatives. There are alot of street defense ones. But above all, attitude and willpower is king. Fight hard and have an alpha male type of thinking.

Top Bottom