Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fifty pounds on my bench max in less than a month...

you'll do this workout 3 to 5 times each week, depending on how well you can tolerate it. you don't need to add extra work for the bench press muscles while you do this - the idea is to improve your CNS coordination in a specific movement (so you learn to recruit more muscle fibers - intramusclular coordination - when benching and improve the way you used various muscle groups to work together - intermuscular coordination)

for example, if your 5RM is 250, then start the cycle with 200

this is what your workouts would look like:

day 1:
200x5
180x5 (200 * .90)

day 2:
205x5
185x5

day 3:
210x5
190x5

do this as often as you feel you can as long as you keep getting stronger and can finish both sets

hope that helped, but feel free to ask if something is unclear

-kyle

hey thanks for the help so basically i'll just be benchin like you said Mon, Wed, Fri, right???? And NO EXTRA workouts and then after I'm done with benching I do nothing. or when do I do my leg work?????DID you do leg work while trying this?????

Has anyone else tried this method before????

Deciever I know you did something like this did it work for you.

actually, according to pavel, you're supposed to do all of your workouts for one week on consecutive days; ie. mon, tues, wed, thurs - then rest for the rest of the week (but i'm not really sure about the benifits and didnt do this so dont worry about it i guess)

otherwise, benchin on mon, wed, fri would be good but feel free to also add in another day if you feel good.

you can do other workouts, including legs, back, etc. just make sure not to do any other excercises that will fatigue the bench pressing muscles

i perform a high volume of work (for legs: lifting, sprinting, plyos, soccer; for back: chin-ups) while doing this program so dont worry about changing your other workouts

Top Bottom