Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

a few westside questions

majutsu

I am starting a westside type program for the first time, trying to gain some strength, and I have a few questions that have come up:

1)On the DE bench day, is the dynamic bench a regular flat bench always or does it vary, same question with DE squat/dl day?

2)Say, after a DE bench , when you do the accessory movement that follows is it in a comfortable hypertrophy training range or do you go heavier and lower rep as the faster fibers are fatigued?

If anyone knows any good links in addition to elitefts let me know too thx :)

Thanks for the ideas

I did my DE bench today. It sucks dealing with a commercial gym but I made do . . .

I did
145lbs 8sets of 3 speed reps (50% of my 290 bench)
floorpress closegrip (worked well on the power rack! I think I'm going to live there for the next 2 months) 4sets of 6-7
Elbows out ext with dumbells 4sets of 6
Bent rows 3sets of 7 heavy

I felt like emphasizing tris in my accessory work today, as that's my weak point for sure. I will emphasize shoulder more with seated rows on ME bench day I think. I'm going to home depot to get 2 5/8 inch chains for my speed work as it was light at the top as wsb says. . .

As for DE bench, u can switch it up how you like it. I usually use something like one of these
regular speed bench
+ pause
+ bounding
+ bands
(+ chains, but I dont do that b/c i dont own any)
+ set on pins, and on pins you can add bands again, re rack for a second each time, or just throw out 3 fast reps

I've heard some people do incline, so do whatever you think you should focus on

thanks leatherface karma for ya

I'm deciding between bands, chains or both right now. I had gone to home depot, but with the chains, hooks, 1/4 cirlce links I was heading up to $60 and fts has theirs premeasured with shipping at $90. I could also use a pink and green band. How easy are bands to use in the gym, like on a standard bench, how do you anchor them?

Actually I went with the bands as they seem better to start with on speed days and are more versatile. I bought a pair of minis and lights, and from what I understand, until I'm benching over 350 or squatting over 600 those are fine. It seems best to anchor the bands to the power rack or to plates on the floor from what I understand.

Thanks alot for the advice. I am looking forward to me lower day tomorrow. I've been box squatting heavy for lower body, so I think Good Mornings or Partial Deads are going to be my ME excercise for this couple of weeks. On DE lower day, do I do speed box squat and speed dls or just one or the other my choice?

Thanks
Maj

bands are definitely more versitile in my opinion but chains are addicting once you start using them...i love em

chains may seem expensive at first, but mini bands at nearly $10 each can add up over the years. at least with chains, you know you wont break them and can use them for chain deads, squats etc.

Top Bottom