Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Feeling light-headed/faint while cleaning?

roy2

I don't even do heavy cleans, I clean so I can do barbell presses/push presses, but lately when I clean around 135+ lbs, I feel light headed when I get the barbell on my shoulders or above my head. I get a large breath in me and hold it for the clean, but I think when I let go of that breath is when I get faint. Also, the barbell is not cutting off circulation in my neck to my knowledge. Any ideas? I'd rather not collapse and have a loaded barbell fall on my neck.

Try forcing your abdomen out instead of in when you inhale. This also builds a solid foundation in your torso to support the weight you're lifting. Practice first without the bar. It may seem awkward at first but after a while it becomes reflex

Could be a rise in BP.

What is your resting Blood Pressure? And What is your blood pressure before/after you lift?

OR it could be the increase circulation to your legs.
Could be multiple things.

How's your breathing throughout the whole lift?
What are you doing before you start cleans?
Are you currently dieting, low carbs, etc.?
How do you let out your breath after you put the weight up?

Cheers,
Scotsman

I'm no power lifter, but I would say it may be related to your blood pressure. Not a hike but a drop in blood pressure.

I don't know what my blood pressure is, but I am pretty sure it is fine. I am not dieting in any way, so that shouldn't come into play either.

I've been paying more attention to my breathing, and this seems to have solved the problem. I try to make sure that I take in a big breath before the weight leaves the floor, and hold it up until I get the weight on my shoulders. I think sometimes I would start the lift and exhale as I cleaned the weight (or when I did the press), which caused whole faint feeling.

Thanks for the feedback.

Top Bottom