Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fat in hips

Sean12

My mom has been working out for several years now. But is wondering how to cut down some of the fat in her hip area. Do any of you know any good exercises for this area. thanks in advance.

Sean12

Weight lifting will only build muscle, diet is the only way to lose fat and unfortunately one can't pick an area to lose fat in, it's an over all sort of thing.

Weight, cardio and diet.

What is she doing now?

Diet, weight, cardio.

Diet diet diet.

Plus if she's dieting and starts to see some results in her upper body, she's still going to have to work it longer to see greater results in her hips. If she tends to hold the greatest concentration of fat cells in those areas (as most women do, due to estrogen), say a 4% drop in bodyfat won't be as apparent where there are more fat cells. But it is still working.

Also if she's been workign out for several years, if she's been doing the same thing this whole time, she might want to look at altering how she's working out -- does she do any cardio? IF yes, try HIIT. Traininig -- is she lifting heavy or lighter & higher reps? Then try heavier, lower reps. Super sets, etc.

And I can't repeat how much diet contributes to your ability to lose bodyfat. I lifted heavy for several years but until I tied in the diet, I didn't lose the bodyfat.

Top Bottom