Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fat ass having a hard time losing body fat. Help please.

Parabellum

I've been having a hell of a time trying to get motivated to start really dieting and training to lose body fat. What do you do to get yourself really going? I've been dilly dallying for over 5 months. Every night I say that I'm going to start tomorrow monring and I am very motivated. Then when the morning comes I say I'll do it later, then I lose all motivation in the afternoon (maybe because work stress's me out) the evening I have a hard time getting to the gym to do my weight workout. Then again before bedtime I'm all motivated again and absolutely hating myself. What the hell is wrong with me?

I was thinking to get a personal trainer, but I don't have the money, really.

------------------
Born to fight, Trained to kill, Ready to Die, But never will!

This might sound really stupid, but whenever I need a motivation kick, I watch some war movies, or something.

Things like (and I'm not saying these are great movies, just that they motivate me):

- Forrest Gump
- Starship Troopers
- Surviving the Game
- Rudy
- any Jackie Chan flick
- things like these

Or I listen to fast techno or songs like "Fortunate Son".

Anyway I know it sounds kind of silly but there you have it :). Also I find that exercising motivates me more, that is, exercise one day and I am much more motivated the next. If that makes any sense.

And oh yeah, last thing, keep a journal, so that if you skip a day or eat crappy or something, the act of writing it down in the journal will guilt yourself into changing.

MY $.02

same here!
i felt great during the bulking phase,
but dieting down is very hard
like you said, in the evening i feel like shit because i've eaten too much during the whole day, and then in the morning i go on like the day before,....
i always tell myself that i look much better with a lower bodyfat but it's like that psychological pyramid: first come the basic needs, then comes everything else
first you feel hungry and see all the tasty food, you can't think about anything else than the good taste, and after you've eaten it you feel guilty
i think that this is also stress related,....
i've some difficult exams during the next weeks and i can't think about anything else, only when eating i can relax,
dieting sucks

------------------
true love - hardcore

i agree the mroe i train the more i love going to the gym,just set a goal for yourself and dont let anything get in the way,for me i want abs for summer and to show more definition and im doing cardio 4 times a week and burning 500cals each time i go

------------------
" The Lord said he can get me out of this one, but he's pretty sure you're fucked."

"Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity."

"Its not when you die its how you live"

Just clip a pic of bodybuilder or whoever you really admire, then paste your head on top......lol.....Just pretend that you already look like that, or better yet(how badly do you want to look like that)Just DO IT!!!!
DO what ever it takes to look your best.Think how HOT you'll look with that hard, tight, muscular body :)Just DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Just think of all the HOt babes ck you out, will that help????
;) ;)

[This message has been edited by natglutes (edited April 17, 2001).]

What works best for me is negativity, usually something happens in a day that pisses you off, what I do is focus on this and make it really wind me up, then I use it as energy in the gym, positivity!!

When I leave the gym, I am just about ready to puke and die.

These things keep me motivated:

1) Looking at pictures of my favorite physiques.

2) Keeping a training log - I write in my workout ahead of time, then I feel compelled to do it, because I took the trouble to write everything out.

3) The training log helps A LOT with diet too. Looking back at my log, I could see how hard I was working out, and how a shitty diet really did not make up for that. As I improved my diet bit by bit, I saw the weights in my log go up AND my physique improve. I learned that making a few smart dietary changes was a lot easier than training even harder (which really would be impossible).

4) Take pictures of yourself periodically. I did not do this, but I wish I had.

Need to force yourself to do it. Once you begin to see improvements it will motivate you to continue and push yourself that much harder.

Thanks .....
I think I need to set a few short term goals.

I'm looking to far ahead and getting discouraged at the length of time it will actually take to accomplish my goal.

Thanks again.... I like the picture idea, I actually did that already. I just need to have it in my face for a few days until I get into the habbit of going balls to the wall.

------------------
Born to fight, Trained to kill, Ready to Die, But never will!

Yeah, ideas for motivation:

- Music (I love techno/club music, but Mariln Manson before working out gets the adrenaline going)

- Thinking about all those hot women you'll get

- Playing violent video games(Counter Strike cranked up to full blast)

Top Bottom