Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fastest way to grow calves

Genetics cursed my calves as well. I work them hard, they are strong as hell, but they just aren't real big. Learn to live with it I suppose.

Here are some of the best way through which you can grow calves:

1. For a period of 2-4 weeks, train your calves on a daily basis before returning to your normal program. Use about 4-6 sets per workout, doing a different exercise Opens a New Window. each day.

2. Every night before you go to bed, do a set of 100 slow, hard-squeezing standing calf raises with just your bodyweight on top of your normal program. Go for maximum burn!

3. Wherever possible, walk around on your tiptoes rather than your flat feet. Ballet dancers often have awesome calves.

4. Every time you encounter a staircase, do a calf raise up each step. On the way down, step onto the ball of your foot, as this will act almost like a plyometric movement for your calves.

5. Try doing two calves workouts Opens a New Window. per week: one with very heavy weights for sets of 4-6 reps, and one with very light weights for sets of 25-50 reps. This will attack fibers that you probably haven't been hitting with conventional workouts.

6. Do as Arnold did, and train calves in your bare feet (if your feet can handle it). This will increase the range of motion for any calf movement, and will force a very intense contraction.

Don't use all of these methods at once, or your calves could end up over-trained, which won't contribute to growth. Pick two or three items from the above list, and change things up every few weeks.

I have large calves. When I was a kid I lived at the bottom of a substantially long and steep hill. Every morning I'd walk it to get to school and most importantly, my best friend's houses (I was in elementary school, about 11yrs old at the time).

My calves would burn like hell and as a silly game I'd always bounce and shoot up on my tippy toes to extend that burn. No idea that I was exercising, just trying to make fun out of a daily walk.

Around that same age we all started skateboarding, street style. Jumping off stairs, kickflips, rails, etc. Lots of calves involved.

I also played soccer and some football, but nothing special. Over the years my calves developed I suppose, but even in high school my peers would love to touch my calves because they called it the "calf butt" as it was quite shapely. To this day (in my late 30's now) I've never had to work calves at all and I still maintain a good size and shape.

The only answer I can give is that this takes years and possibly I have good calf genetics. I'm not bullshitting either, but everyone says I walk on my tippy toes...I blame that goddamned hill as a kid. But I assure you the rest of my frame is genetic deficient, DAMMIT. God bless them calves.

Top Bottom