Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fasted weight training

NigilAZ

I want to start doing fasted weight training as I hate cardio in the gym boring as heck. Would rather do cardio outside, more fun that way and time flies by. If I do fasted weight training what would break the fast? A friend said I should take some dextrose beforehand to get some sugar into my body along with stimulants. Is that okay?

I suggest you do fasted cardio but weight training you gotta eat to grow before and after IMO

if you are strength training and i mean purely a powerlifter then i would eat a nutritious meal about 90-120 minutes prior. something like eggs and fruit is a staple

if you are a weight lifter or bodybuilder then absolutely training fasted is perfectly fine. no don't listen to your friend that says to take dextrose, we already get so much sugar there is absolutely no need for that. just hydrate and go.

btw i did something that nobody out there can claim in that i fasted 19 days and weight trained just about everyday during that. i had some of my best workouts of my life. granted i had to make sure i was hydrated and my strength was down, but the workouts were fantastic and adrenaline was off the charts

Fasted means fasted. Nothing but water.
I think fasting is just a term. for it to have meaning, you need to choose your criteria. Some people, mostly from the phillipines, allow lemon water. some, Diet Coke, mostly Japanese. Still others, stuck in the '80's, in the Cold War, opt for just Crystal Light. Because they are not eating or drinking any calories. Fasted is fasted. only water? don't be daft. please.

if you are strength training and i mean purely a powerlifter then i would eat a nutritious meal about 90-120 minutes prior. something like eggs and fruit is a staple

if you are a weight lifter or bodybuilder then absolutely training fasted is perfectly fine. no don't listen to your friend that says to take dextrose, we already get so much sugar there is absolutely no need for that. just hydrate and go.

btw i did something that nobody out there can claim in that i fasted 19 days and weight trained just about everyday during that. i had some of my best workouts of my life. granted i had to make sure i was hydrated and my strength was down, but the workouts were fantastic and adrenaline was off the charts

Steve I’m sure not to your level, but I did a 21 day juice detox and worked out twice a day. It was by far the best month of my life gym wise!

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

I want to start doing fasted weight training as I hate cardio in the gym boring as heck. Would rather do cardio outside, more fun that way and time flies by. If I do fasted weight training what would break the fast? A friend said I should take some dextrose beforehand to get some sugar into my body along with stimulants. Is that okay?

Check out our podcast episode on fasting bro:

https://www.evolutionary.org/evolutionary-org-podcast-364-big-fasting-diet-episode-no-food-19days/

Top Bottom