Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fascial stretching

bilat

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/fascialstretching.htm

Anyone do this type of stretching? I think i'm gonna give it a try.

"........This method of training combines the philosophies of rolphing, massaging and myofascial manipulation with the extremes of connective tissue stretching! In other words, this is an attempt to literally combine the best of several worlds. It is called many different names, one of which is fascial planing. I refer to it as bloody knuckles because you will use your knuckles to manipulate the connective tissue while the muscle is pumped full of blood! The goal is to enhance the stretching process. As explained, a backflow of fluid expands the fascia, as does intense stretching. Rolphers and other massage professionals also can stretch the connective tissue manually with deep planing in the target muscle. The theory held, is that a combination of all three techniques will maximally enhance bag enlargement!

Procedure

The procedure is the same as above except you will now manually massage or kneed the target muscle group while you are stretching it. This is best done with a partner. Lets say that your quads are fully pumped and you go into a deep stretch. Your partner would then with his knuckles, palms or elbow start from the knee and move upward in a slow, sweeping motion. You would kneed and dig upward with decent pressure over and over, while following the contours of the quadriceps until the 30 seconds was over. However, you do not necessarily need a partner. For example, if you are working your biceps you could pump one arm up and kneed the fascia in a sweeping motion( attempting to stretch it out ) with your free arm......"

How would you massage your triceps, if working out by yourself, since both hands are used? Should I just do one arm at a time with a dumbell?

John Parrillo pushed that alot, helps break up scar tissue and built up toxins in your muscles. His equipment is pretty extreme also. Never really got into tho so no opinions.

I just started a new routine that I created based on that article. I'll let you know how it goes.

yes, i use it when there are some really tight muscles, ie low back tightness, IT bands etc. works well for rehabbing some tight muscles. gets alot of blood flow in there. self myofascial release can be done with foam rolls. you can get them online and there is alot of info on how to do it.

".....In order to maximize this process you will need to heighten both recovery and the pump! A massive pump must take place during the workout or you will not accomplish your desired goal, therefore you must emphasize this nutritionally. This is why I suggest implementing fascial stretching on bulks and not emphasizing this procedure on a cut. You simply will not get maximized gains. You need to be carbed completely up, or the pump will not be sufficient. Therefore I recommend 4-6 carb rich meals a day for this process. If you are on a low carb diet, then carbing up before your workout will also suffice. Creatine and glutamine further assist the pump dramatically! Hydration is also a must. You need to drink water like it is going out of style. Lastly, drink a huge post workout shake, chalk full of sugar immediately after training to refill glycogen stores.

A well balanced diet will speed recovery, and so will vitamin C! This gem has been shown in several studies to increase the healing process of connective tissue. Seeing how this is the goal, it would behoove you to take a minimum of 2-3 grams a day, not including post workout. After your workout I would take 2 grams of vitamin C. So 3 grams on the off days and 4-5 on workout days......"

How much vitamin C do you take daily, bignate? 3 grams on nonworkout days and 4 on training days seems like a lot.

I'm doing DC, so I don't eat carbs after 6-7PM and before that my only carbs are Breakfast (oatmeal), and preworkout (grape juice) and milk. Do you think I need more, that's not much. Should I make my workout an hour later, then add in another meal of Oatmeal + protein?

And how much water is enough?

Last edited:
it sounds like there is a different way of doing this that incorporates the pump. i dont use that technique. i see no need to inflate a muscle to its capacity in order to stretch it. if i use a foam roll or similar device in conjunction with a stretch, i will get the same or better stretch. instead of swelling the muscle and stretching it, i roll the muscle belly and stretch it.different means to the same end.

Top Bottom