Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

failure and fatigue (more sets)

cAbo

down is an interesting post about failure and fatigue, but i got a question: if i perform for example, 10 weighted chinups till failure, and then continue with more sets with the same weight until in x set i couldnt even do 1 rep, so i lower the weight and proceed to do the same until i couldnt do a 1 rep-set, and then again lower the weight etc. does this produces more fiber(grow) stimulation???

hope u understand my question:confused: :confused:

My answer is yes, and I understand what you are asking. I would prefer to keep it in the same set though, say you do 10 reps weighted, drop the weight do 10 more and then hit some pushups all without rest, then repeat for 1-2 more sets.

working on those slow twitch fibers eh?

the shock theory is misused alot.

try slowing down your rep speed. i doubt if you are doing weighted dips you are using a 2 second concentric and 3 second eccentric. try 3 sets of those with a 2 second isometric contraction and avoid all the extra b.s. do 3 sets of those and then see if you want to try to do the above mentioned. if its hypertrophy you are working for, that will fit in just fine. if you are looking to increase your endurance, go with what you have planned above.

Top Bottom