Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To Fail or Not To Fail, That Is The Question

Skinnyarms

Where is the jury on this one? many people train to failure all of the time make great gains, some say only take the weight to 1-2 reps before failure why would this be? A difference between fast and slow twitch muscles?

I rarely train to failure, I pretty much have a set weight and reps and I do my best to get them in, although sometimes I can't so you could say I was doing till failure on those, but not by choice.

Nah only train to failure sometimes not everytime. Always switch things up. Some weeks ill get my sets and reps in and then ill grab a heavy ass weight i know i can almost do alont but not quite. And i get a personal trainer to spot me and i do like 2-4 forced reps. Then i will take an entire week off and come back way stronger.

But dont train to failure everday.

Nowadays I only fail when I miss a ME

or on a high rep burnout set, which is punishment on days when I'm a big vagine in the gym.

neither happens very often. There's absolutely no reason to train to failure imo

Yep exactly what these bros said. Training to failure nope nope nope although sometimes if you get ur target reps in with ur target weight and u wanna rest for a few secs and get a spotter and try some forced reps i have found that to be a very nice plateu buster/preventer even though sooner or later you will hit another one or come close i found this to help the gains to keep coming nice and steady.

Remember its a marathon not a sprint those who last long and train hard and smart are the ones that grow and look hella bomb

i train to temporary muscle failure. i am a flexible open minded guy but i cant understand doing anything else. mike mentzer had a great analogy about gettin a tan by running out from the shade into the sun for a few minutes then runnin back to the shade. wtf!!! if you are doing 8 reps and you will fail on the 8th rep which rep do you reach hypertrophy? the 6th the 5th?

arent forced reps the same as training to failure or is that training past failure because you cant do reps yourself.

don't think of it so negatively.... think of it more like you have "peaked your performance level today!!" :p

seriously though... some things I do in the gym I go to failure.... because I LOVE THEM!! others I do set numbers and sets because I fuckin hate 'em!! but I love most everything I do in the gym so more times than not I overtax specific BP's but I've found that when I used to hit more muscle groups per workout... like doing upper body one day and legs another... that recovery was harder and motivation began to sink also... there were times when I didn't even wanna go because I knew I wouldn't be able to give it my all on all those exercises!! I've since wised up and train a smaller groups and feel better in the gym recover nicely and and I look forward to my workouts more!!
and training to failure isn't so taxing on my body!!

Top Bottom