Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Explosive arm and leg power?

mrzap

If I want to work on explosive power for my kicks and punches what lifts would best translate?

I have been throwing in cleans with sweeps as that is the only oly lift I know how to do with correct form and I read here that oly lifts are good for that.

Of course I am already squatting, but would a different tempo develop explosiveness better?

Just curious, thanks.

westside barbell baby, all about speed and explosiveness

4810398_F_tn.jpg

Train explosively, be explosive

work on a lot of plyo and reactive type exercises or do your exercises plyo like

off course all leg and arm power requires a solid core and force transmission from the waist to the floor. Both twisting and staticly

CoolColj is 100% right!

You need a solid core, do all core conditioning exercises gradually increasing speed and explosiveness

Add in the snatch deadlift & work up to 1.5 x BW for sets of 6 reps - teaches you how to transfer ground reaction force from the legs througth the core up to shoulders & arms

Then add in your plyo work - just make sure of joint strength & alignment or you can get injured

S

Sprint, Plyos, oly lifts, Speed bench, speed box squats all of these will help but for punching an kicking you need to practice with a good trainer who can critique form and help you transfer power from legs/core to extremities

Top Bottom