Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exercises to strengthen my weak link

I have posted on here before about how when I run/walk with any intensity at all, the muscles on the front outside of my shins begin to tighten up, and get to the point that they become really painfull.

No amount of stretching mattered, and when trying to run on softer surfaces- the pain still came, it just didn't come as fast.

My solution has been to hang my leg over an exercise ball, with a 5lb ankle weight on my toes, and slowly raising my foot.

This was the only way I could think of to strengthening this muscle, and doing so has allowed me to walk with as much intensity and distance that I want.

It still hasn't worked for jogging though. I plan to give it more time though.

Does anyone know of any better exercises that I can do to strengthen this muscle?

a lot of people do plate lifts, where they take a 45plate or whatever, place the lip of it on their toes, and raise the end of their foot up.

i realize that might be a stupid thing to ask, but are you running in decent shoes? i used to get shin splints pretty bad when i ran, then realized i was running in the worst possible shoes. it provided basically no cushion for the impact of my foot hitting the ground. a decent pair of running shoes totally fixed it.

other than those two things, i think you just should keep at it and continue walking/running to build up that muscle. you need to focus more on building the endurance in the muscle as opposed to the strength.

well, it's not really a stupid question.

I have so many damn shoes, it's like a woman. I have been rotating them out and trying each one to see if I can find a good pair. All the while though I have been saving my money to buy me a really good pair.
My job is dependant on the weather right now, and I haven't worked in 3 weeks.

Just need to rest it and then strengthen it. Its a muscle so it's aching because it can't recover

standing on one leg and shutting eyes hits em good.

Top Bottom