Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

EXERCISES That Are A Must!

havoc

Shaolin Ninja
These are exercises in my opinion that are a must. No matter how you incorporate them I truly believe the following exercises are somewhat of a key to that particular body part. Please add any that you feel are necessary. In a purposeful fashion I am trying to name only 2 per body part.

Chest- Incline Bench Press, Dumbell Flyes
Back- Deadlifts, Bent Over Rows
Quads- Squats, Front Squats
Hams- Lying Leg Curls, SLDL
Arms- Barbell Curls, Concentration Curls
Triceps-Skull Crushers, Reverse Cable Pushdowns
Shoulders-Dumbell Mil. Presses, Laterals
Traps- Seated DB Shrugs
Calves- Standing Calf Raises, Seated Calf Raises
Abs- should always be done without use of an ab machine, most ab machines are operated on weight of the body and not the abs, stick to old school ab exercises.
Peace

I wouldn't say any exercises are a must, but here are ones I think work extremely well... and can be used, on their own, to build up a given body part effectively.

Chest- Flat DB bench, crossovers/flyes
Back- Pull ups, bent-over BB rows
Quads- Squats, Front Squats
Hams- SLDLs, reverse hypers/standing curls
Arms- Barbell curls, pull-ups.
Triceps- Weighted dips, close grip bench
Shoulders-Dumbbell OHP, Clean and push-press
Traps- DB shrugs, deadlifts
Calves- Standing Calf Raises
Abs- Weighted crunches, hanging leg raises

Good post.

I would add:

Incline Curls for Biceps
Hacks for quads
Rotator cuff exercises for shoulder girdle

Cornholio said:
Incline Curls for Biceps

curious as to why? i only ask seeing as ive never done them before and started doing a little reading up on them recently, but hadnt yet concluded if they were a mass or shape building exercise.

any additional comments on incline curls?

thanks

- matt

mattcanning99 said:

curious as to why? i only ask seeing as ive never done them before and started doing a little reading up on them recently, but hadnt yet concluded if they were a mass or shape building exercise.

any additional comments on incline curls?

thanks

- matt

To me, incline curls isolate the bicep like no other excercise. They're completely cheat-proof. Try them and you'll see.

gymtime said:

To me, incline curls isolate the bicep like no other excercise. They're completely cheat-proof. Try them and you'll see.

I don't think I would call them "completely cheat-proof" because you can use some front delts to pull the upper arm up a bit letting the weight fall down near the top of the lift (similar to many other bicep exercises). However, the incline bench definetly makes this more difficult and I find it seems to hit my bi's slightly differently than other exercises (maybe the muscle is stressed differently in this position?). Nonetheless, I would consider it a good biceps exercise.

True. Nothing is completely cheat-proof. But one thing that the incline curls does eliminate is swinging, which is a common mistake. But when I do them, my upper arms never move. They're always perpendicular to the floor, so I'm able to eliminate most if not all of the shoulder help.

All isolation exercises aren't very good. This means flyes, concentration curls, kickbacks, extensions...all BS IMHO.

My list:

Chest: Flat Bench and Incline
Back: Deadlifts, Chins
Quads: Squats
Hams: SLDL
Bis: Barbell Curl
Tris: Dips, CGBP
Shoulders: See chest OR Military Press
Traps: Deadlift, Shrugs
Calves: Weighted raises
Abs: Weighted Crunches

-Zulu

Well - all stretch positions are important:

Sissy Squats
Stiff-Deads
Incline/Flat flyes
French press
Incline Curls

BTW - The only difference between a mass building and "shaping" exercise is the weight.

ZZuluZ said:
All isolation exercises aren't very good. This means flyes, concentration curls, kickbacks, extensions...all BS IMHO.

My list:

Chest: Flat Bench and Incline
Back: Deadlifts, Chins
Quads: Squats
Hams: SLDL
Bis: Barbell Curl
Tris: Dips, CGBP
Shoulders: See chest OR Military Press
Traps: Deadlift, Shrugs
Calves: Weighted raises
Abs: Weighted Crunches

-Zulu
Wouldn't barbell curls and calf raises be considered isolation exercises?

Top Bottom