Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exercises for Morning Workout

miked8c

Due to the beginning of my schedule work schedule I know need to have two out of my four workout days be in the morning.

I will wake up at 7 and eat a substantial egg breakfast, take my jack3d and hit the gym by 8.

My question is as follows:

Would it be better for me to do dead lift and squat workouts in the morning and save my bench days for my afternoon workout days?

I feel like the bench press is more impacted by having a few meals in you besides breakfast. What do you guys think?

For what it's worth, squats and deads are obviously more calorically/energetically demanding exercises; I'd think most people would rather do the converse of what you suggested.

That said, if you feel that way then do the bench sessions in the afternoon. Either way, just go by whichever way feels better/stronger for you.

Last edited:
From personal experience any exercise after just one meal and early in morning will prob drain you more. Even when I got off of working nights and ate through out the night morning workouts killed me.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

From personal experience any exercise after just one meal and early in morning will prob drain you more. Even when I got off of working nights and ate through out the night morning workouts killed me.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

100% disagree bro.

I've been doing primarily morning workouts for the past 3-4 weeks. I wake up about 2 hours before my workout (90 mins would probably suffice too), make eggs, oatmeal, have my multivitamin and have a cup of blueberries on the way out the door, and i always feel stronger this way than when i don't have much to eat.

If i were you, i'd choose oatmeal over eggs if you had to make one thing cuz of the carbs.

I think you should use trial/error with exercise choice and see which one you prefer to do in the morning.

It's tough doing any kind of strength or mass protocol without having consumed some protein and carbs. If your goal is mass and or strength, then at least add some oatmeal to your eggs. I would say do the chest in the morning as it will burn less calories. If your goal is to cut up, workout before eating anything, in a glucose depleted state, and focus on using lesser loads and higher repetitions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few morning sessions a week, and if I get up early enough they're usually as good as any PM session.

I usually have a light breakfast like a scoop of whey protein in skim milk with 1-2 servings of fruit and a clif bar/whole wheat toast and get through just fine.

Eating a big meal before bed always gives me good results in the morning, though might be a bad idea if you're worried about body fat.

Thanks guys, I think I will stick with my bench day as a PM workout and just eat a quality breakfast and pre bed meal for effective AM session.

Everybody is different so it comes down to experimentation. Try one way for maybe a month and see how it goes.

Myself, for many years I trained only in the evening. When I had the opportunity to train with some powerlifters in the morning I was really hesitant.

What I found out is that my energy is WAY better in the morning! I bet I haven't trained in the evening for 15 years! (yes I'm kinda old:)

Top Bottom