Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exercises For Lats

Pullups... any down-pulling motion.

Just as a general rule, rows won't do nearly as much for your lats as pullups or pulldowns will.

Biomechanically, the last sees much more tension and range with a vertical pull.

casualbb said:
Pullups... any down-pulling motion.

Just as a general rule, rows won't do nearly as much for your lats as pullups or pulldowns will.

Biomechanically, the last sees much more tension and range with a vertical pull.

I agree. Rowing equates to thickness in my opinion-front to back. Pulldowns, and pullovers are for width-left to right.

Last edited:
Do wide grip chin up, and I noticed personally that doing flys makes the lats bigger to. Or is that because the side of my chest is more cut hence making the lats bigger as an illusion? Any ways incorportate flys too.

Snatch grip deads, pulls and snatches loads up my lats, don't know if they get bigger from that though :)

Lats.......

what the hell is that "machine" called where you are face down(45 degree angle and you put plates on it) and your chest is against a pad..........then you unrack it and do some rows........I have always called it "The Rhino"..........no idea why just what it has been called to my whole life..............wtf is it called?

its basically a barbell row but it has grips for you and the pad as a stabilizer.........?

A chest-supported row.

ChewYxRage said:
Lats.......

what the hell is that "machine" called where you are face down(45 degree angle and you put plates on it) and your chest is against a pad..........then you unrack it and do some rows........I have always called it "The Rhino"..........no idea why just what it has been called to my whole life..............wtf is it called?

its basically a barbell row but it has grips for you and the pad as a stabilizer.........?

^^ or t-bar rows... i use wide grip deadlifts, pull/chin ups and barbell rows and they've added a good amount of width to my lats using the main 5x5 principles....

Top Bottom