Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

exercises that involve NO shoulder abduction

Parabellum

I'm 28 days past my shoulder surgery. I have full range of motion in every movement except when I try to touch the front of my other shoulder, ouch and sometimes when I reach for something.

I do ROM stretching and I start isometric exercises and band tension work.

Doc says I can go back to the gym but no exercises that involve shoulder abduction. So no flyes, lat raises, pull ups, etc....

What exercises can I do, all be it when pain levels permit. Curls, db press?

What type of surgery?

After surgery to reattach my bicep tendon/labrum repair my rehab was this. The same for after my ac joint surgery.

1) hammer curls
2) db shrugs
3) lateral raises, front raises, and corner raises, no higher than shoulder hieght.
4) tricep pushdowns.
5) doing wall walks, stretching as high as possible and holding for a ten count.

I also did the band work.

They didn't want me to do presses of any type.

Good luck.

big4life said:
What type of surgery?

After surgery to reattach my bicep tendon/labrum repair my rehab was this. The same for after my ac joint surgery.

1) hammer curls
2) db shrugs
3) lateral raises, front raises, and corner raises, no higher than shoulder hieght.
4) tricep pushdowns.
5) doing wall walks, stretching as high as possible and holding for a ten count.

I also did the band work.

They didn't want me to do presses of any type.

Good luck.

yo big4life...what kind of symptoms were you having with your AC joint injury? I'm feeling like that may be the case in my right shoulder cos I had a problem in the past that wasn't too bad...it's worsening now though

thanks,
CN

ChinkNasty said:
yo big4life...what kind of symptoms were you having with your AC joint injury? I'm feeling like that may be the case in my right shoulder cos I had a problem in the past that wasn't too bad...it's worsening now though

thanks,
CN

Any over head movement was causing pain or more pain, at night I couln't sleep on my side because the pain was so bad. The pain seemed to be right in the top of the shoulder. A good sports orthopedic surgeon should be able to diagnose it with no problem.

Good luck. :)

big4life said:
Any over head movement was causing pain or more pain, at night I couln't sleep on my side because the pain was so bad. The pain seemed to be right in the top of the shoulder. A good sports orthopedic surgeon should be able to diagnose it with no problem.

Good luck. :)

aight bro...shit...I dunno if its affecting my sleep yet but fer sher its like a sharp, nagging pain in my anterior delt...like I can't sleep with my arms extended over my head sometimes...I just dont' want to find out what it is cos I don't wanna stop training haha...

ChinkNasty said:
aight bro...shit...I dunno if its affecting my sleep yet but fer sher its like a sharp, nagging pain in my anterior delt...like I can't sleep with my arms extended over my head sometimes...I just dont' want to find out what it is cos I don't wanna stop training haha...

who sleeps with their arms extended over his head? LOL

j/k get it checked bro.

haha valid point...what I meant (without sounding homosexual) is like when you sleep..annnnd I'm not even gonna try to explain it cos it just sounds gay

peace

Top Bottom