Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exercises for increasing the Bench Press Arch?

CytoMel

I have been switching back and forth between arching and leg drive in benching. The only problem is that I keep forgetting to use my legs when I bench. When I arch it works a little although sometimes I do get a mild lower back strain that I dont need.

I have decided to concenrate on arching because I have very long arms and it would help me more than leg drive I think.

I never do any stretching for the lower back but I am looking into it. I heard the Chinese have a lot of lower back flexability and they arch a ton.

Does anyone know any stretches or yoga or exerises or anything that can help the arching muscles of the lower back get stronger and better?

Does anyone Know the Art of Archery?

:mix:

Lay on your back..over the top of a stability ball and rock back and forth, and stretch, just like your arching...just relax into the arch...youll notice your back will arch more each time!
when your going to arch on the bench, dig your shoulders in, walk your feet back as your stomach goes up..then plant your ass! make sure you pinch the shoulders blades. Pull your feet back under you..youll get a lot of leg drive..

I dont know a lot about arching because my natural arch is way more than most peoples because I have a "sway back" Be careful with the arching bro, I too have back problems(minor) from just my natural arch and when I tried to increase it on the bench it just hurt. But I have short arms so that doesnt count since you have long arms I guess. I do think leg drive is very important though.

The first key to making big improvements in your bench press arch is to stop thinking of arching as some sort of flexibility trick and start thinking of arching as a skill. Why? Because skills are something that you can build up over time with practice. You get good at what you repeatedly do.

Top Bottom