Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

exercises that help you run faster

JDid23

hey guys.... so i'm just getting back into lifting seriously and am making a plan to steadily progress on squats and 1 legged RDLs... However, I'm not sure what else to add to my workouts. I used to do bulgarians, leg curls, and some other exercises, but now i want to gear my training more towards increasing my speed. Should i do some plyometrics? Any ideas are much appreciated. Thanks!

Plyometrics would help you with speed and explosivness...when training for track compatitions I would run up hill sprints, stadiums, and parachute sprints....also look up strenghth shoes I done the 3 month program that it comes with and it encreased my 40 yard time and vertical jump.

After training for about 6 months of 3 months of plyometrics and sprints and 3 of the strenghth shoe program my 40 time was 4.51, vertical leap was 37 inches and set the highschool record for the 100m dash

This was all done natural with only the aid of protien and hard work

when you say speed be more specific..

400 meters? 800 meters? 40 yarders?

try interval training aside from what flash recommended although some people tend to overtrain with those. i would join a running group and find people who are your speed and train together.

thanks guys.. plyometrics sound like a good idea.. i don't really have any specifics in mind, steve. i used to play soccer and ran track for a season, and with minimal effort, i made states in the 55 and 200 for JV my freshman year of high school. However, since going to college, i've neglected cardio besides pickup basketball games. I really just want to get back into running shape and noticably get faster. I was much slower on the court than i used to be when i played competitive ball, and that was really discouraging. I've been doing some interval training the past week. The running group sounds like a good idea, but i'm home for summer now and my only friend who wants to run with me is a girl. Once i get back to school, i'll hopefully find someone with equal motivation.

Do your usual routine, doing Dynamic Warm ups before every cardio day, then alternating between plyometrics and HIIT. If by speed you mean in the 40 yard - 200 meter range, then this workout will get it. I went from running a 5.6 40 in HS my sophomore year to running a 4.68 40 my junior year, haven't done a forty in the past couple years but I feel even faster now, I may have to start incorporating more plyometric work into my routine now... training for the MMA Club at my college. Good luck bro!

one workout i love is p90x plyometric. when you can rock that as hard as u can then add some ankle weights/ weighted vest/whatever. a few months of that workout made a huge different in my legs

hella- what do you do for dynamic warmups? I haven't done them in a while, so when i do them, i find myself only doing high knees, butt kickers, and a few others. Some more would be nice, since i do feel kinda stiff when i start my runs. Also, do you do any dynamic stretching before you run? lucky motherfucker- i wish my college had MMA training lol.

Cobra- is there anywhere i can find that without buying P90x?

Axi- Good fucking point

yeh bro. i have the whole thing downloaded including all the pfds for the things that come with the program when u buy it. meal guide, program calender and whatever other crap. i use a torrent downloader called utorrent and a website called isohunt to get the torrents. or since i have the actual program myself that works perfect and you know of a way to send that to you i can do that. but other than downloading stuff i know nothing about computers so u will have to inform me. im guessing its about a gigabyte

yeh bro. i have the whole thing downloaded including all the pfds for the things that come with the program when u buy it. meal guide, program calender and whatever other crap. i use a torrent downloader called utorrent and a website called isohunt to get the torrents. or since i have the actual program myself that works perfect and you know of a way to send that to you i can do that. but other than downloading stuff i know nothing about computers so u will have to inform me. im guessing its about a gigabyte

i actually just downloaded the p90x plyometrics, and it looks tedious, but not too bad. It's all bodyweight stuff with a lot of jump squats, right?

does that really work? Also, how do you implement that into your workout routine?

Top Bottom