Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exercises for core that can be done at home

R

revexrevex

What are some challenging ab exercises that can be done at home.

I want to train my abs for strength, but don't have any weights at home to add resistance to situps.

Vacuums. Everytime I hit a red light while traveling I'll do a vacuum and hold it for like 20 seconds. I've read that they can really bring in your gut.

T-Rage said:
I've read that they can really bring in your gut.

Not to mention give you excellent control of your core, in addition to actually strengthening it.

Quick abdominal circuit that requires no equipment:
- perform each movement x 10 with no rest
1. legs straight up and together
2. legs straight up and spread apart
3. legs up in L-shape, bent at knees as if over bench
4. standard situp
5. side situp (L)
6. side situp (R)
7. standard situp
8. legs up in L-shape, bent at knees as if over bench
9. legs straight up and spread apart
10. legs straight up and together

That will hurt :) Repeat as many times as you desire...

situps and variations are all ok, but if you want something more effective for real functional core strength

grab a one dumbell and walk around in your backyard. then swap hands and repeat.

if your abs aren't screaming then your not human :)

You can make your own hindu bats by buying a cheap plastic whiffle ball bat and filling it with sand or another material to achieve the desired weight. then wrap the handle with griptape and you have one of the most evil core strengtheners I have ever tried

CoolColJ said:
situps and variations are all ok, but if you want something more effective for real functional core strength

grab a one dumbell and walk around in your backyard. then swap hands and repeat.

if your abs aren't screaming then your not human :)

That aint a bad idea at all.

I personally lie in the floor and hold my legs off the ground for a minute, get my abs used to be flexed for long periods of time simulating(to some degree) strongman events. i will some times spread them in the air, hold them together, hold them high, low. also spread eagle situps.
brian

Top Bottom