Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exercises to build up shoulders??

Parabola

What are some lifts to build up my shoulders/delts??...My shoulders arent very wide and ide like to make them bigger...what do you suggest?

Side raises seem to do better for building size than military press... of the pressing exercises Arnold presses do the best for me.

Don't neglect your rear delts. Almsot everyone does and it shows.

Heavy Dumbell presses & barbell presses, and strict lateral raises.

Try them seated back supported and dont swing your body to get them up

this how my shoulder routine has always looked like and they are strong as fuck.

Military press (with or without smith machine, sometimes alternated it with dumbell presses) x 4 sets 8-10 reps (I don't go all the way down, it tears up by rotator cuff, go down to you mouth and up again)

Side laterals (it's ok if you swing a little if you are doing heavy weight) x 3 sets 8-10 reps

Front lateral (I do these with barbell, very heavy and effective to build fron delts) x 3 sets

Rear delts (bend over with dumbells or on peck machine sitting oposite way) x 3 sets

Shrugs (as heavy as you can do them, try doing them with at least 3 plates on each side for starters) x 4 sets

Upright rows (with wide grip, elbows out, once again it's ok if you swing alittle if you are doing heavy weights)

Hope that helps you.

I have found that doing your lateral raises and "pre-fatiguing" your shoulder muscles before your presses really helps!. I find when my shoulders are fresh that they don't get tired on the presses because other muscles(i.e tri's) carry alot of the load and it's hard to wear my shoulders out. Have notice a big difference doing it this way!

I hardly ever do presses anymore directly for my delts. I stick to mostly lateral movements to hit the side heads and wide grip upright rows thrown in from time to time. The delts are often the most overworked bodypart so be careful not to overtrain them as well. My chest day sufficiently hits my front delts and my back day hits my rear delts especially since this is when I do rear delts since doing this essentially hits the mid trapezius and rhomboids as well as the teres major and minor muscles.

Top Bottom