Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

# of exercises

erickthegreat11

Wside routine, like other routiunes encourages switching your power/ME lifts and supplementary lifts every 1-3 weeks. Just for a base point, how many exercises should you use? Using bench as an example: wide grip, narrow, incline bench switched for ME. Should I add more? (board press and floor press cannot be done for lack of equipment and spotters). How many do any of you incorporate?:)

Well when I'm training and I train WS. I use 3or4or5 board presses and switch each of them every 2 weeks. Then I'll throw in illegal wide grips for 2 weeks then incline close-grip for 2 weeks and of course each week trying to break your previous max the week before. After your ME movement I would do 2 tri excercises then depending if your lats are weak then lat work once if they are strong if not then twice a week (so lats on both bench days). But I do it
ME movement
2 tri excercises( DB on ME day and bar excercises on DE day)
upper back( some type of rowing)
lats
delts

You should rotate between different board presses and MAYBE one other exercise. I don't suggest doing the illegal wides much...just a theory about putting too much stress on your pecs. The board presses are a must though.

B True

What B fold said I left out and good thing you said it he b bolded the truth, I forgot to put to switch up all extra workouts too that's the point to keep switchin movements. And there are TONS of tri movements not much of a variety you can get for lats, back, or delt movements but either way you can stil switch them up or just switch the weights and setsXreps.

Max Effort work

The guys at Westside suggest fove basic variations.
1. Board Press
2. Floor Press
3. Incline CG
4. Illegal Wides
5. Rev. Band

Each of these can be changed up even more by adding bands and/or chains. I also like to include db presses and lockouts.

Top Bottom