Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exercices to train neck muscles

renemongeau

Do you know some exercises to make a strong neck?
Actually, I don’t want to hurt me here so I only move a disc of 45 weight over my head when I am doing my sit-up reps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I wrestled as a young man, we had neck training machines to help with bridging strength, but I've not seen anything like that in ages.

Actually, I don’t want to hurt me here so I only move a disc of 45 weight over my head when I am doing my sit-up reps.

Hold it on your chest instead.

Hold it on your chest instead.

Neck bridge looks efficient and simple.

Perhaps, he moves too fast but this is easy to do on a bench-press, I am just afraid to hurt myself. I am wonder if it is a need to move neck too. The idea is not a big neck, I want a more rigid body in order to have a much more eficient movement without any lost of energy from something of slack.

https://youtu.be/G607VCDYtD4

Neck bridge looks efficient and simple.

Perhaps, he moves too fast but this is easy to do on a bench-press, I am just afraid to hurt myself. I am wonder if it is a need to move neck too. The idea is not a big neck, I want a more rigid body in order to have a much more eficient movement without any lost of energy from something of slack.

https://youtu.be/G607VCDYtD4

He asks for a neck exercise cos he holds a weight above his heads when he works abs.

It's kinda obvious that he could simply move where he holds the weight rather than need to strengthen the neck.

In your case (I know cos I've done it) try to push off your shoulder blades and NOT push back with your head and thus strain your neck.

Just lift heavy compound movements. Shit like neck and forearm exercises are completely pointless if you're training right. They will grow, and they will grow at a rapid rate. Just lift heavy ass weight

Thanks for advices. I only tried one minute of plank neck on the ground and didn’t find any satisfaction in this exercise. I wasted my time to make this exercise instead of a plank for my abs. This week, I will do my new favourite exercises instead of neck muscles. I do my 6 repetitions on bench press with the barbell and then I start for one minute of dragon flags and I repeat until I can’t lift. I will increase weight each day. This is a really real pain and satisfaction in my arms. Neck muscles give nothing back.

Top Bottom