Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Excel Spreadsheet for 3x5

foxriver

I know there is one for the 5x5, and I'd like to keep a written record of my progress in the 3x5. Is there one made for the 3x5, or can I just use the 5x5 spreadsheet and ignore the 4th and 5th sets?

There isn't one that I've seen, although, in addition to the handwritten logs I assume you'll be keeping, you could start a journal on here. :)

I just noticed on the 3x5 writeup in the sticky the bb.com guy says to increase the weights by 2.5% every week, rather than every workout. The latter is what Rippetoe has in Starting Strength and is correct, at least at the beginning when you'll be able to make rapid progress. Read through everything in GSP's journal (except my incessant "congrats, dude!!!" posts ;) ) if you haven't already to get some ideas of how to manipulate the frequency of increases as your strength gains slow down.

foxriver said:
I know there is one for the 5x5, and I'd like to keep a written record of my progress in the 3x5. Is there one made for the 3x5, or can I just use the 5x5 spreadsheet and ignore the 4th and 5th sets?

I could e-mail you the excel spreadshet I use to track my workouts if you're interested. It's not really a template, as my goal for each workout is to add as much weight as I can without sticking my progression - so it doesn't really fit a mold quite like the 5X5 does as far as planned progression over the course of the program.

Cynical Simian said:
There isn't one that I've seen, although, in addition to the handwritten logs I assume you'll be keeping, you could start a journal on here. :)

Yes, I have the handwritten log that I take with the gym with me for reference, and I will keep a journal as soon as I actually "start" the program. Since I have never done the lifts outlined in Rippetoe's 3x5 before, I am taking this week and next week to find out where my weights should start, but I am doing the lifts and asking the veteran lifters at the gym to take a look over every now and then to make sure my form is right. The need for the computerized log is more for my nerdiness than anything else, since I'd eventually like to make a graph showing my progress visually, and I like things to be nice and neat. My chicken scratch just won't cut it and my skills with excel are less than perfect. I could make one myself but it would take me forever to figure it all out.

GSP- thanks for the offer, but if there is not one made currently, I may just take a few hours putting it together now that I think of it.

As for the online journal progress, I won't be able to do that until maybe later tonight or tomorrow. I'm heading out to a friend's house to watch a bit of the All-Star Home Run Derby.

Top Bottom