Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Evolutionary Fitness

Interesting article - I don't agree with some of the stuff he thinks about diet, though.

Interesting. While I agree that working out immediately after a huge meal is stupid, I don't see how working out in a fasted state is condusive to making any kind of progress or getting any kind of a quality workout.

Now, as far as meal frequency and eating habbits. Total calories and what those calories are comprised of plays more of a role in fat storage than meal frequency does in my opinion. I agree with him that most bodybuilders don't practice the best offseason eating habbits, the reason many bodybuilders get fat offseason isn't due to eating 8 small meals a day, it is because they go to Taco Bell and McDonalds and stuff themselves until they can't move just for he sake of gaining weight.

I agree that prehistoric people were in better physical condition than the average sedintary American is today. However, science also evolves, and I think today's elite, well-trained athletes, who have a system with respect to training and nutrition would demolish any caveman at just about any physical activity. Tell me a prehistoric man is in better shape than Lance Armstrong......

I do see a lot of where this guy is coming from, and as a Dr, he obviously knows how to use science to back himself up, but I think his ideas would benefit a sedintary person. I think if an elite athlete switched to these methods they would see a SEVERE decline in performance.

Also, I don't know how equated flushing a muscle with lactic acid and getting a burn to GH release. Does curling a 5 lb dumbell 1000 times and getting a burn release a lot of gh?? I know he said he does ets of about 15-8-4....but still, I don't consider going after a burn to be the best way o build functional strength.

While I agree that working out immediately after a huge meal is stupid,

Ok, is this just after a huge meal? Or any meal in general? I usually workout after I 've eaten, but it's one of my six meals of the day so it's not huge, is that wrong? Why? Or sometimes I wait 30min after I eat, or an hour. But sometimes it's right after I've eaten.

Interesting article with way too many "what about..."

Having done early morning workouts for 2 years, I can agree it is a great way to start the day. But there is no way I was anywhere close to the poundages I am at with afternoon workouts (body weight vs. weight lifted might have been better with early morning workouts, would have to double check). And no way, NO WAY, I would try snatches or cleans at 5:30 am after being up for 30/45 minutes.

Big questions - he advocates this lifestyle -
1_ 100,000 years ago we only lived to 30, maybe 40 at the most. How is someone now approaching 70 carrying the same genes as his ancestors?

2_ Dr. De Vany started "working out" at age 14. Did our ancestors follow the same routine as him? Dietary? Is he following their routines?

3_ Just how long had he been following this Evolutionary Fitness? The article mentions his olympic lifting efforts.... CoolJ, you and I both know the workout routines this mandates. How much of a soviet squat cycle or bulgarian split did our ancestors do? The good doctor seems to have lifted as an oly lifter, a body builder, and NOW an evolutionist. How much impact did his early lifting/dietary habits have on his current health?

Too many variables for perhaps a 1 in 1,000,000 example.

Ill stick to the 5-6 meals a day. Something he STRICKLY doesnt like. He talks about that on his website quite abit.

i found the article very interesting. read through the thread too, good stuff.

i do think that evolutionary fitness is just about the opposite of what he is about though...

HMMM Read that again:

Yes, you read that right: 208 pounds, 8% body fat, bursting with energy… at age 68. Most 40 years olds today could only dream of being as fit as De Vany.

"I'm never sick," he says, "and I can do anything I want to do. Everyone should or could be this way."

SO let me get this right; a doctor, who has stats like a bodybuilder. I can smell steriods! I wonder if neanderthals were poping vars and shooting sust and eq...

Having done early morning workouts for 2 years, I can agree it is a great way to start the day. But there is no way I was anywhere close to the poundages I am at with afternoon workouts (body weight vs. weight lifted might have been better with early morning workouts, would have to double check). And no way, NO WAY, I would try snatches or cleans at 5:30 am after being up for 30/45 minutes.

Why do you think that is? Also any response to my other question up there?

Top Bottom