Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

everyone who does multiple rep deadlifts...

casualbb said:
If you're deadlifting to build muscles instead of deadlifting to get stronger at deadlifting, I wouldn't adivse resetting.

Pausing at the bottom is more difficult than touch and go. I'm curious as to how it would stimulate mucsle more to touch and go.

casualbb said:
It drains your energy by denying some of the elastic strength that you get from doing a positive after a negative. Would you pause at the bottom of each bench press rep and let it sit on your chest for 5 seconds?

Pausing at the bottom of the bench is not comparable to resetting on the deadlift. Pausing at the TOP would be. Pausing at the chest on the bench would be similar to pausing near the top of the deadlift...and that is a big maybe.

casualbb said:
Lack of reset shouldn't be a form issue if you're not training to failure...

A lack of reset has caused many people to lead to injury with intense sets...myself included. The bar starts at a different position optimally than it will end up at the end of the deadlift.

B True

Bfold, I agree with you, and I'd probably give the same advice if the trainee were strength training instead of bodybuilding.

I would advise bodybuilders to avoid maxing out on deadlift, and also not to work near failure as form can get shoddy.

Also, the way the stretch reflex works is that the instant after you lower the weight (eccentric), the muscles produce force just by having been stretched, reducing the force the lifter must produce. So resetting a deadlift is similar to pausing with the bench press bar on the chest because they both interrupt the stretch reflex. That's the reason why spatts will approach the bar very quickly on a deadlift, it initiates a slight stretch reflex that can increase numbers.

casualbb said:
Bfold, I agree with you, and I'd probably give the same advice if the trainee were strength training instead of bodybuilding.

I would advise bodybuilders to avoid maxing out on deadlift, and also not to work near failure as form can get shoddy.

Also, the way the stretch reflex works is that the instant after you lower the weight (eccentric), the muscles produce force just by having been stretched, reducing the force the lifter must produce. So resetting a deadlift is similar to pausing with the bench press bar on the chest because they both interrupt the stretch reflex. That's the reason why spatts will approach the bar very quickly on a deadlift, it initiates a slight stretch reflex that can increase numbers.

I think that I can understand what you are saying, and it does make sense to me also.

B True

crak600 said:
i touch and go with resetting as necessary. i only do 5 rep work sets (5x5) and it's not uncommon if at rep 3 or 4 i need to take a quick pause. if i feel the need to make an adjustment, i have no problem stopping real quick to do it.

This is pretty much what I do, touch and go unless I feel like I need a quick reset. I'd rather reset than get hurt.

Top Bottom